Today I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with a son who is seemingly fearless. Maybe fearless isn't a good term, because he certainly wants me present when he's doing new things (or even old things! LOL) But Tate is willing to put himself out there. He loves life and learning new things. He does so with gusto and gumption and excitement.
Case in point...I have been taking him to swim lessons since last June. We go every Friday morning for a 30 minute class. We are in the Family and Fin class which means I have to get in the water with Tate. Which means I have to put on a bathing suit. Which means people have to see me basically naked. It's pretty obvious I don't like the way I look in a bathing suit, naked or actually even in clothes, but I digress.
Tate LOVES the water. He loves everything about bathtime, swimtime, anything liquid. We have several friends with pools and we frequent these friends' houses quite a bit. So, Tate needs to know how to swim and how to be safe in the water.
Today during our lesson (there are 4 kids in the group total...a 14 month old, 20 month old, 25 month old and my little 27 month old...they all started together last summer). the mother of the 25 month old asked me if I was going to have Tate evaluated to move up to the next group sooner than later. AND in the next group the parent doesn't get in the water!!!! I was doing the happy swim when I heard that from her. We decided to ask if our boys could be evaluated together as their teacher recommended it because they do so well together during class. Their teacher has them do their jumps together and the boys seems to really enjoy one another. So this afternoon we brought the boys back up for their evaluation. They had to get in the pool without us (we were sent upstairs to the observation room!!) and the teacher took them through their paces. Tate did absolutely great. M was a bit more hesitant, but he's younger and English is not his first language. The evaluator said Tate is ready to move up now!!! M will probably be ready in January when the next session starts. I opted to keep Tate where he is now, and we signed up to move to the next level starting in January!
So, in 5 shorts weeks I won't have to put on a swimsuit for swim lessons!! Thank goodness!!!!!!
I think Tate will do just great!! I'm so excited for him. He is soooo amazing, this beautiful child of mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment