![]() |
| Tate's Baptism |
And here we are today. 26 years later still the best of friends. How lucky am I? And how blessed is Tate to have her as his godmother.
Then this afternoon another sorority sister stopped by. She was in town from San Antonio. Shannon was one of 'my' freshman when I was an SA (sophomore advisor) and pledged ADPi that spring of her freshman year. I loved this girl and still do...she was/is fun, full of life, spunk, funny, outgoing and just a joyful person. We haven't really kept in touch, but no matter. We're sisters, friends. That bond we have from that amazing place will keep us together. And Tate was just all over her...talking to Shannon, showing her his favorite books, demanding she come upstairs and play. I loved hearing him yell down the stairs..."Guys!! Come upstairs guys!"to the girls. Shannon came by with another friend from Southwestern. I didn't know Angele that well, but she and Shannon had been roommates at some point in Shannon's college career. Tate took to her just as well!!
So, tonight I'm so thankful for these sistergirls in my life. And they are but two of the amazing women and men in my life all these years after my wonderful experience at our alma mater, Southwestern University. And that place, that amazing place will be the subject of another post.
Tonight, I'm blessed with the memories of 4 years spent with some amazing people. Some amazing people I am still so very lucky to consider friends and to have in my life. My prayer for Tate is that he will this kind of love in his life when he's my age and way beyond.
![]() |
| Shannon and I ran into each at the Keith Urban concert at the rodeo in March 2010.!!! |



No comments:
Post a Comment