Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Frisky Fall

It was a long, hot summer (those words put me in my happy place as Keith Urban sings them...) 


Ok, back to reality.  It was a long, hot summer here in Houston with temps measuring over 100 for 46 days according to www.weather.com with a streak of 24 days straight  of 100+ degree heat.  This does not take into account the 'feels like' temps because those number of days was many, many more...about 85.


This is supposed to be a thankful blog.


It's gorgeous in Houston now!  The temps during the day are between 65-80.  Absolutely glorious!  I love this frisky fall weather.  I'm happier.  I feel lighter on my feet (and that ain't easy!).  Life seems easier.  When you're not sweating to death and dragging your wet self around it's so much nicer.  And the fact that our winters are usually mild, usually keeps the spring in our Texan steps quite a bit longer.  


So, tonight I'm thankful for gorgeous weather that I can take Tate to the park in, take him on a walk in, ride the train at the zoo with him in, walk around the block in, run after him on his bike in and simply just enjoy.  It's a kind of promised land for Houstonians.  We endure the horrendous heat, knowing that just over the mountain, just around the corner fall will come.


Warm cuddles, hot chocolate (a new fave for Tate), fires in the hearth (love hearing Tate screech 'fire! fire!') and laying around in bed in the cold, early morning with my sweet boy.  Ahh...perfect.

No comments: