Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy-Going

Thank goodness Tate is so very easy-going.  I mean he really is.  He is such a go with the flow kid;  I so hope this trait remains and that's he's not as anal and controlling as his mama!  


I left work incredibly late today.  UGH!  So very difficult when you're an SMC.  I cannot leave late like this because I cannot have to depend on my sister to be there for me all the time.  And tonight she couldn't be...she had an appointment.  So at 521 I am racing to get to Tate.  Mind you I am usually getting him by 5:25...did I mention it takes upwards of 25-30 minutes to get to him?  So frustrating and today of all days I leave late when traffic was horrendous with all the lucky people who get to be off tomorrow and actually spend some time with their families and prepare for Thanksgiving unlike me who won't get off until 2pm.  And which means the earliest I'll get back with my child is 3:00pm.  And yes I know I should be thankful to have a job,  I know I know.  And I am.  But this job really sucks the big one during holidays because we have to work because the kids are off.  Well, I'd like to see my child as well.  Noone tells you that when you decide to do pediatric dentistry or if they did I missed that lecture.  And certainly I realize that there will many many people working tomorrow and sadly on Thanksgiving Day.  I empathize with them;  it doesn't make it any better but I empathize.  I don't think many of them will want to be there either.  And because I believe this country fails horribly for all their touting about family values (seriously 12 weeks maternity leave IF your company has more than 50 people?  That's just the tip of the iceberg in my feelings about 'family values'.  12 weeks.  I was off 11 and that was by far not nearly enough.  Actually I only had 9 with Tate, and that was awful.  If I ever have another I'm taking 12 weeks with my child no matter what).  Coupling that with every store under the sun open tomorrow and some even on Thanksgiving Day and then the Black Friday shopping starting on Thursday, well there ya go.  America, consumerism and family values.  That is why I do not intend to ever order Thanksgiving Dinner for Thursday delivery, why I won't go to the movies, shopping or out to dinner.  I will not participate in making what was once a true holiday 'worse' for someone working.  And yes at least they have a job, they may hate their families, it was their choice to choose those jobs for their employment, but believe me sometimes you just draw the short stick and are forced to work yet another holiday when you worked the last 3. 


Wow, my goodness, my thankful post became quite a rant didn't it?  Back to the happy thoughts.


I'm so thankful Tate is such a laid back child.  I can be late and he's still happy as a clam.  He didn't even nap today at daycare!  :O! Yet he still came home, let me race him through dinner, took a bath, sang songs with me (his favorite is now screeching the last word in each line of "You Are My Sunshine", and then his eyes were closed by 655p.  And he was in the crib snoring away at 658p.  We had 68 minutes together tonight.  So not nearly enough.  But as I held him while we rocked he nestled his head into my neck tonight and took those sweet baby boy breaths as he drifted off to sleep.  His warm head against my shoulder and neck took my breath away.  I'm so very grateful that God chose me to parent him.  

No comments: