Gratitude. I'm overwhelmed by all the beauty and love in my life. Trying to find one single thing to be grateful for today...difficult!
So today I'm grateful for friendship. I have some amazing friends, but tonight I'm reminded of one that I met in the most odd sort of way. About 11 years ago I was engaged to be married. And was I ever excited about the whole wedding scenario; I spent every spare minute thinking about, planning, organizing my wedding. I joined a website called The Knot and was in my mecca!! Wedding dresses, flowers, music, bridesmaid dresses galore! There in their chat room I met S. We figured out we both lived in Houston and we got together. A friendship was born.
Well I didn't get married after all. She did. But we remained friends of sorts. We don't see each other very often; can go years without seeing one another, but we manage to keep up with one another somehow.
Then I got pregnant with Tate at the age of 41. Three months later she became pregnant by surprise with a little boy with her husband (they were proud parents of a 5 year old girl and she the mom to a college freshman)!! Suddenly our divergent worlds didn't seem so far apart.
I had a difficult start to my pregnancy with Tate. I vividly remember driving home from work night just in tears, almost hysterical, losing all faith and hope and just so very scared. I called S. And she prayed with me. She prayed with me almost my entire remaining drive home. I have never felt so uplifted, cared for and loved.
I think I've seen her twice since I had Tate over 2 years ago. We chat at least once a week on FB (thank you for social networking!). 11 years later and we're still on this journey called life together though apart.
So tonight I'm grateful for S's continued presence in my life. I truly hope our boys can have the enduring friendship that we do.

No comments:
Post a Comment