Tonight I'm thankful for the quiet of my home. I'm thankful it's just me and my sweet boy. Just the two of us. Sure there are times when I wish I had a partner to share my life with, our life with, but tonight I'm thrilled it's just the two of us.
I'm in desperate need of some downtime, so much needed sleep. And it's been great tonight to just hang out at home and just be. My house is a wreck. There are tons of clothes to be washed, carpets my cat has christened, grocery bags to be unloaded, bills to go through and just tons of stuff to be picked up and put away.
But Tate certainly doesn't care about any of that. He just wants a mommy who is present and with him and not reading him a story in between loads of laundry or a mommy is beyond grumpy from exhaustion.
As such I'm going to end this pretty quickly here and head off to bed. Thankful I don't have someone else to impress, don't have someone else to clean up after, don't have someone who wants to talk my ear off or watch a movie with me that I'd rather not see anyway and there's noone here to hog the covers tonight who is taller than 36 inches (of course if Tate needs a middle of the night cuddle I'm all available). :)
Tonight I'm so thankful God has brought me this child as a single mama by choice. I love our life.
Just the two of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment