Tonight I'm thankful that my sweet boy is back home where he belongs!
He's upstairs sound asleep in his crib with his hippo, his Prickles, his Corduroy and his Pink Bear. And the ever present Sue-Y.
I've checked on him twice already, run my hand over his lovely curls.
When I rocked him tonight he put that gorgeous head right in the crook of my neck and just held on and then his breathing even out and I could feel his sweet breath on my neck. I could feel his warm, cuddly, soft body against mine and all was right in my world again.
And no I didn't really sleep well. I woke up so many times I lost count. I finally gave up and got out of bed at 7:51am. I am not well rested. I didn't catch up on my sleep.
But we did it. We slept apart. 22.15 miles separated us and we did it. Tate ended up in bed with his Grandmommy halfway through the night, but they had a dandy time. He slept well, and she promised me she got some sleep as well though he did his normal toddler acrobatics all night long! When I got to my parents' he and my mom were outside blowing bubbles and playing on the slide (in short sleeves no less...November in Houston! Sigh). He barely acknowledged my presence. Until I went back to my car. Then all hell broke loose...tears, running after me.
Mommy's not leaving sweet boy. I'm here. I'm here.
And tonight he's here. He's here.
We're here together.

No comments:
Post a Comment