Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What If?

Monday evening, while driving my vehicle Christian was broadsided by a young woman who ran a stop sign.  Very thankfully, he is ok.  Unfortunately, my car is not.


But the what ifs...


What if Tate had been in the car?
What if Christian had been hurt?
What if I had been in the car with him?
What if the girl had been going faster?
What if she had left the scene of the accident?
What if my sister, Lindsey, had not been able to go to the scene immediately and help Christian?
What if Lindsey had not been available to come babysit for Tate while I ran up to the scene of the accident?


What if it had been me driving the car alone?


I started this post Tuesday evening.  And as usual time got away from me, but mostly it's been a whirlwind of unpacking, trying to organize all the information with the car insurance company, try to get back into my work groove, entertain and spend time with Christian who is obviously very shaken up about everything.   I haven't had time to really process all that's going on with Christian and myself, the accident, our time together almost like a family with my family, Tate's growing attachment to Christian and my feelings about the new man in Christian's life.  In the midst of all of this I was faced with the hard reality of life's frailty.  


What if...reminds me to be very thankful for all the goodness in my life.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Thank goodness Christian was unhurt. Accidents are terrifying and the affects (and what-ifs) last a long, long time.

You can never have too much family and I'm glad you are all pulling together (even if it is a lot to process.)

Give yourself lots of time and an extra hug for Tate and Christian!