You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy
when skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear,
how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.
Sometimes I've cried, sometimes I've smiled, sometimes recently I've had to stop and tell him to stop kicking mama, but that song always brings me joy and warmth to my heart and soul.
And to my heart's surprise about 3 weeks ago, Tate started joining in as I sung him this song. No warning, no notice, just his sweet little voice making this special song a duet.
Listen...
I'm in tears of awe, joy, love, happiness and pure contentment as I watch this video of Tate.
He is truly my Sonshine.

3 comments:
Cute!
We've been singing that song since Sam was a baby too... with modified lyrics. You are my sunshine, my Sammy sunshine. You make me happy...
wow, that made me cry!
I sang that song to my daughter when she was in the NICU, and to hear her sing it now makes me want to cry every time. She says "when skies are great", and I don't want to correct her because it's so cute. They are awesome aren't they.
Post a Comment