Two years ago today, July 23, 2009, at 3:13pm Tate Christopher entered my world. I was 41 years old and had waited my entire life to meet my child.
Having this little person in my world for the past 730 days has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. His laughs, his tantrums, his joys, his quirks, his mannerisms, his simple Tateness brings a smile to my face and to my heart that I could never have dreamed possible.
I love being his mother. I love when he runs up to me when I pick him up at daycare. I love how he wants me to kiss his boo-boos. I love how when he's upset he seeks me out in a room. I love that I'm the only on who can calm him when he's beside himself with exhaustion. I simply love him.
And I know he loves me. He loves burrowing his head in my shoulder after bathtime to get some nuzzle time. He loves sitting in my lap when we're on the living room floor playing. He loves climbing all over me when we're laying in my bed together on a Saturday morning. He loves holding my hand as we walk up and down the stairs. In a million ways Tate shows his love for me.
As we continue our journey together as a family, I'm excited, scared, enthralled and hopeful. I want his life to be all that he needs or wants it to be. I want him to always know how very much he was wished for and hoped for. I want him to realize that though our family may not be the norm that it is our norm. I want him to know that Christian gave all of us a great gift...the gift of life and family. Because Christian is part of our family now. We are striving to figure out what place we all have in each other's lives, and it's been an amazing experience thus far.
So, Happy Happy Birthday Baby Tate!! These two years have flown by, yet I can barely remember what my life was like before you came into that hot July afternoon. You are loved beyond measure.
Always,
Mommy


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Tate!
I've always thought Tate was a beautiful child and now I can see that he was a stunning newborn. Happy Birthday, little one!
Post a Comment