Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July 2011

As I watch fireworks on tv and listen to one of my most favorite songs, 'Amazing Grace' I know I am full of God's grace.  I have a gorgeous healthy baby boy who is so sweet and loving, I have wonderful parents who go out of their way to take care of Tate and me and a fabulous sister who has brought so much joy and laughter to my life and is my dearest friend.  That sister who I was mortified to find out my mother was pregnant with when I was 15 is the best friend I could ever have, and she loves my child.


This has been a festive, eventful, fun, relaxing, stressful, exhausting, lovely weekend.  Tate has had fun, he's laughed and played, he's thrown a few tantrums, he's charmed people and he's simply enjoyed being a child.  From his potluck party at daycare on Friday to Gymboree on Saturday followed up by playing at his grandparents' on Sunday morning outside in the little splash pool.  We followed that up with a visit to an indoor playground called Stomping Grounds because at 102 degrees or more outside, we're not doing outdoor activities.


Ready for his daycare potluck!




Playing in the little splash pool!
Sleeping off the fun times!


Ready to slide!!!
This morning as we prepared to leave my parents', as we had spent the night, my dad noticed that my car was leaking oil.  Now I had noticed it after I got my 60,000 mile check-up at the Infiniti dealership 10 days ago, but I thought it was normal after the huge overhaul to have some minor leakage as everything had been 'topped off.'  Well lo and behold my dad told me umm no!  I was almost completely out of oil, so either the cap wasn't put on tight enough or too tight and it all leaked out.  Now going to the dealership is not a simple event when I have to leave for work at 720am with my toddler and they don't open until 7 and are 20 minutes away.  I went on my Friday off, dragged Tate down there with me, moved the carseat into the loaner and went about our day.  With no oil in my vehicle and no day off anytime soon when am I going to get them to fix this?  Or simply when am I going to get the oil changed as today is a holiday?  My dad immediately offered to loan me one of their cars, take my car in tomorrow and have the oil changed (or whatever needs to be done) as well as run to the store and get some oil to add for 'right now.'  He will then drive all the way to my house later this week, and we can exchange cars.  Did I mention they live 25 miles away (which in Houston terms can be an hour in traffic)?  I cannot express how grateful I am for my father and all that he does for me and my son.  I am so very lucky.


Hanging with Mama!
Vincent was thrilled to see us when we got home.  Tate and I took a nap together in the glider...ok I fell asleep while we rocked :)  Then we were off to Bryan's for a 4th of July celebration with our tribe.  As usual Tate had a great great time.  He loves the pool, and was ready to jump in as soon as we arrived.  Aunt Lindsey joined us for the festivities as well as the rest of our fantabulous friends!!  Nikki's little boy Noah who is 5 is Tate's new BFF.  Tate was constantly asking for Noah, watching his every move in the pool and wanted Noah to hold him in the water.  Noah is just a sweetheart and was more than happy to try to oblige.  Friendship has never seemed sweeter.






Aunt Lindsey gets in on the fun!


Yum-o!
My little Yankee Doodle!


As our country celebrates 235 years of freedom, I am aware of how lucky we are to live in this amazing country.  Like all countries we have more than our share of problems, and I'm patently aware that though we are a free country there are many who don't get to share in that freedom in the way that I do.  For them, my prayer is God's grace and peace, as He has blessed me with both abundantly.

No comments: