Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thanksgiving Celebration - So Thankful

Tonight was our annual Girls' Thanksgiving Dinner that my girlfriend R hosts at her house for the females in our tribe.  We were missing a few tonight who had prior commitments, but it was a beautiful night as always.  Lots of love and laughter.  

Here's the gorgeous table she set for us...

I took Tate over to my parents early this afternoon and got him situated.  I skyped with him while they were eating dinner, and he seemed happy as a clam.  We also talked on the phone...I was shocked by how much he talked to me on the phone, AND I understood almost everything he said.  So very sweet to see my boy enjoying himself with my parents without me there.  But I still wanted to reach through the computer and cuddle him up.  He's in good hands and is sound asleep now, which is where I should be.

So, tonight I'm eternally grateful for the friends God has blessed me with, for their love, support, kindness, honesty and kinship.  In addition I'm so thankful that my parents are able to spend this time with Tate and that they're so very willing to take care of him so I can have a night out once in a while.  

No comments: