Tonight I'm so very saddened for 3 friends. One is one of my oldest, dearest friends, my sorority sister, my original sunshine. We were inseparable for many years. And to this day, though we rarely talk and even more rarely see one another I still feel a connection. True Friendship. True Love.
She has breast cancer.
Today she had surgery. A double mastectomy with reconstruction. This should take care of it. There was no spreading. She doesn't have the brca gene.
But I'm scared.
Another sweet friend's mother passed away yesterday after a years long battle with Lymphoma. Nothing worked, at least not for very long. I started my day off crying on the phone with my sweet friend just 1 1/2 hours after her mother had passed on.
I'm sad.
An acquaintance, an SMC I've yet to have the pleasure to meet just found out her mommy has a tumor in her bladder today. They're just beginning this journey into the unknown.
I'm melancholy.
3. The power of 3. Wow.
Tonight I'm ever so grateful that my 3 year old was in such a fabulous mood. He was happy and full of hugs and kisses at pick-up. He wanted to race in the grass outside school with his mommy which I obliged. He scarfed down his dinner ... broccoli, milk, broccoli/kale puffs and ok, a hotdog. He followed those up with a fudgsicle...a Coconut milk one which he loved and I loved because it's very low in sugar, and no artificial junk. He happily played with his trains after dinner including me in his fun, raced his fire truck around, rode another fire truck, played in the tub while I showered in the shower next to him and cuddled a bit while asking me to sing Christmas songs. All of this interspersed with questions about Jesus and His upcoming birthday.
Another 3...The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I'm surrounded tonight. So, with a heavy heart I am going to pray for my dear friend J and a quick recovery, my sweet friend S for God's healing during this so very difficult time and for my new friend, A for hope and guidance over the next few weeks.
![]() |
| The College Years...J and J |


2 comments:
Thanks.
And what a wonderful photo.
My three year old was not in a fabulous mood tonight and that put me in quite the funk but reading this really put things into perspective. Thank you.
Post a Comment