Friday, the 23rd I was grateful that Tate still loves his stroller. Lindsey, my mom and I decided to head off to the mall around 12:30 just for fun...we really didn't need anything, though Lindsey was looking to buy a couple of presents for friends if she found anything. We got out of the car and I told Tate he needed to take a nap in his stroller. Happily he climbed in and asked me to recline the seat! He was asleep within 15 minutes and slept for over an hour! From what I'm told by friends not many kids his age will sit in strollers.
![]() |
| The Stroller Sleeper! |
![]() |
| The Shoppers! |
Saturday, the 24th Tate woke to find I had brought our Christmas tree upstairs the night before. I'm so grateful that God has blessed me with the beautiful child to share this wondermous season with. His pure excitement and joy make my heart so full I can barely stand how happy he makes me.![]() |
| Vincent's new napping spot! |
![]() |
| What he chose from the $1 bin at Target |
![]() |
| Of course we had to get Belle! |
Sunday, the 25th I was so thankful that Tate and I had spent the entire weekend almost just the two of us and had a really fantastic time together. Few meltdowns, yelling by each of us only once and few tears that couldn't be solved with a kiss or some gentle understanding by me. The only time we truly spent with someone else was yesterday afternoon when we went to the park with a friend and her 3 year old son. They ended up only staying 15 minutes, but Tate and I stayed for an hour and a half (I even met a dad who wants us to get our boys together again soon as he's looking for a buddy for his son! How sweet!) So 48 hours of togetherness. He napped on me for an hour and 50 minutes on Saturday...ahhhh...the snuggles of my child against my chest while I snoozed as well. We did venture to Target on Saturday, but we hung out together for that :) Otherwise we were home, playing, decorating, dancing, sleeping together, watching trains and Christmas shows and just enjoying one another. I'm apparently one of the few SMCs who was dreading Monday and the separation.And Monday rolled around. Tate woke up happily and went to school happily. Of course BFF, L, was back from his ski vacation which had Tate practically bouncing off the wall. I'm so thankful he has friends he loves and a place he feels safe when we're apart.









1 comment:
I was not happy to see Monday either. It took us 2 days to relax into each other and just be happy doing nothing. I could have used another 4 days!
Your boy continues to amaze me--a nap in his stroller at almost 3 1/2 years old? He's a keeper!
Post a Comment