Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

PREGNANT! Tate's Birth Story Continues

Four years ago today, November 3, 2008 at 5:30pm I took the Clearblue Easy Digital Pregnancy Test and this is what I saw...



 
To say I was shocked is putting it mildly!  Quoting from my journal that very day...

"I took 3 pregnancy tests today - at 5:30pm the Clear Blue Digital read 'PREGNANT". I could not believe it.  I was just shocked!  I didn't know whether to jump for joy, cry because I was so happy or just not believe it.  I so wanted to talk to Christian, but it was 12:30am in Germany and he would not answer the phone :(.  I so needed to share this news - I called SMP and she wouldn't answer either.  I called my mom who was excited..."

I apparently didn't trust those first 3 digital tests, so I took a traditional, read the stupid lines one, around 7:45pm which was not positive.  So at 10:30pm I did another digital one which read 'PREGNANT!'.  (why anyone still monkeys around with those cheap 'read the lines ones' is beyond me...too ambiguous!).  And I did 2 or 3 a day for another week.  I was only 9 or 10 DPO, so it was super early to test, but I just knew something was different.  And also I'm the most impatient person around, so I knew I was never going to be able to wait 2 full weeks.  

I did finally talk to Christian that night, around midnight my time as I just had to tell him!!  He finally woke up and heard his phone :).  He was over the moon.

PREGNANT!  WOOHOO!!  

The last phrase in my journal that night...

"The human body is amazing, but I know without God this never would have happened.  He is taking such good care of me.  I pray this pregnancy remains viable and that I have a healthy baby.  Please let the baby be healthy."

Tate was 9 or 10 days old and on his way!!!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Those first few hours when you find out you are pregnant are like no other hours of your life. Thanks for sharing this special time.
PS. I only used the old fashioned one line/two line tests. I was so sure I wasn't pregnant that I wasn't going to spend big bucks on a digital test to tell me that! Should've spent the money though--I could have had a cute picture like yours!