Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 2, 2012

Babymoon - Tate's Birth Story Continues.....

Saturday and Sunday morning Christian and I repeated our baby making.  And each morning we spent an hour on that bed getting to know each other :), laughing, talking and just becoming in tune with one another.  Christian still holds fast to the belief though that we didn't need to 'do it' again because he knew I was pregnant after Friday.  But I'm glad he obliged me.

Sunday was the big Wings over Houston airshow down at Ellington Field.  After a yummy breakfast at Avalon, Christian, Raik, my friend J and I headed down to Ellington Field on that gorgeous Sunday morning for the show.  It was absolutely amazing.  I cannot wait to take Tate someday.  It was a beautiful day, and I'm so blessed to have been surrounded by some amazing people :)  













I worked on that Monday.  Christian and Raik spent their last day in Houston together before Raik was returning home to Germany.  They came up and had lunch with me, then Christian took Raik on to the airport and then did some shopping while waiting for me to get off work.

Before he had arrived Christian had told me he wanted me to totally and completely relax during the week after our insemination.  He wanted me to be calm, as free of worry as I could be and just be present in the moments.  We had decided to drive down to South Padre Island to spend a few days at the beach.  I think this is one of the best decisions he has ever made with regard to helping me get pregnant.  

So we packed up my car and headed for Corpus Christi (along with plenty of fresh pineapple to help my implantation along!).  A dear friend of mine lives with her family in Corpus;  we met on the first day of school in the 4th grade.  And we have been friends ever since.  Though A and her family moved to Corpus when we were in 7th grade we have remained in touch as have our parents.  Amazing isn't it?  32 years later and we were all still friends.  Yet we talk very rarely, very rarely.  But when we see one another it is like we have never been apart.  Never been apart.  Our friendship embodies true kinship.  Our hearts are intertwined.  Our love for one another is never ending.

We arrived in Corpus Tuesday afternoon and I introduced A to Christian.  Her daughter came home and hung out with us a bit.  She was such a sweet, sweet young girl...pre-teen :)  They are an amazing Christian family, full of love for the Lord and it just emanates from them.  A's parents stopped by to see me as well and their hugs and love just made my day.  I am so glad that Tate's first moments on this earth were full of such love, joy and the love of God.  (Because I was pregnant after all!!!) We stayed the night and left for South Padre Island the following morning, taking our time to not rush or hurry.  We got checked into our hotel and spent the next few days, including Halloween, enjoying the beach, the quiet and one another.  Saturday morning we left the beach and headed back to Houston.

I suppose you could say I did indeed have a babymoon.









This is the first picture of me, Tate and Christian :)
Halloween, Friday October 31, 2008 

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

Oh, I just love that last caption!

Abby said...

I love that last picture... so full of love!