Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pillows on the 11th Day of Advent





This afternoon, I took Tate into our room at my parents' to put him down for his nap.  Our usual naptime 'routine' is a much abbreviated version of our nighttime routine.  I turn on his lullaby music and white noise machine, read him one story, rock him about 3-4 minutes then put him in the crib to fall asleep.  Today however, my little boy had other plans.  I turned on the music and machine, then turned to ask him what book he wanted me to read.  He in turn told me he wanted a pillow in the crib, so I grabbed one off the bed.  He then lifted his leg as if to climb INTO the crib.  I asked him if he wanted to just go to sleep without a story or me holding him and he said yes!!!  I was shocked and admittedly a bit hurt that he didn't seem to 'need' me.  I put him on in the crib and told him I loved him and walked on out.  15 minutes later he was sound asleep.   I joined him about 30 minutes later! What a lovely way to spend the mid-afternoon :)  Though I did miss the Texans game!  My team is going to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.  I have been a staunch Texans fan since the team became a franchise in 2002.  I was a big David Carr fan and I've continued my support though they have sorely tested my patience.  And though I haven't gone to a game in a few years, nor do I watch on tv now that Tate is here (no tv for him!) I'm always going online to check the score, or actually now I can just check FB for everyone else's updates!  I may have to give in and turn the tv on on Sunday afternoons and catch a few games; and rest assured our play-off games will be on!!


After our nap we loaded up the car and headed back into town with a stop at Hermann Park so Tate could ride the train.  He loves doing this.  I bundled him up and we were on for a ride around the park.







So this is the 11th day of Advent.  We're continuing our book opening tradition.  And he's still loving it! We talk about it almost being Jesus' birthday and how we're just waiting with hope and anticipation.   We'll even be baking a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve!  Tate really seems to understand birthday parties; well maybe not their true intent, but he gets all excited about them, so I think this will go over well with him and in time he will truly understand what Christmas is all about. 













1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

What great, happy photos--especially they mommy/son one. I'm so glad you had this fun day together to make up for Saturday. (Although you got good news--I know it isn't how you wanted to spend the day.)