Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 3 of Advent

Well just like my fellow SMC, Lara...over there on 'This May Be A Dream Come True'...told me Tate was thrilled to open up a book tonight!!  As we were walking upstairs to start our bath/bedtime routine, he turned to me and said "I open one present tonight!"  I just beamed and said "Yes, yes you do."  We had a nice bath, fun getting on this evening's Christmas pajamas and Thomas toothbrushing.  In fact as I was drying him off from his bath he was all a-smiles.  And then he started singing 'Happy Birthday to Jesus.'  He is all about this celebration of Jesus' birthday, which makes me beyond happy.  We talk about it all the time and I know they do at school as well.  So he'll frequently break into song about it.  I fumbled around trying to get the camera tonight to capture it before he stopped, but thankfully he was in concert mode.




So, last night's Advent book opening had him bouncing up and down with anticipation and excitement.  He gets all situated in his 'spot' and peruses the offerings in the basket :)  He was thrilled with his choice tonight!  





I want DIS one Mommy!
He chose 'J is for Jesus.'  It is an absolutely beautiful story and told in sweet kid-friendly words.  It's about the meaning of the candy cane.  Now of course many people will say there is no meaning to the candy cane and this 'meaning' is something we over-zealous Christians have made up, but I don't care.  It doesn't matter to me if that wasn't the true intention or not, and I'm not searching on Google to find out the 'truth.'  It may just be a beautiful idea and that's all I need.  And it's all my sweet boy needs.



So last night we read the 'J is for Jesus' story as well as his book from the first day of Advent...'My Christmas Gift,' another delightful Christian book.  AND Tate opted to hear 'J is for Jesus' in our bedtime story rotation!!  :)  So twice in one night!  



I can't wait to see what we read tonight!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

I just love the way Tate exclaims, "oooh"! It's so much fun to watch him open these books.
(I'm going to look for this title--haven't seen it before.)

The boys' preschool is doing a birthday party for Jesus. We send in shoeboxes filled with cake mix, frosting, candles and a small gift. The children wrap them (that, I want to see!) and the teachers bring them to the local food pantry. I wonder if Tate's school will do something similar?