Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Milkshakes and Family - Day 10 of Advent

I've had my milkshake, my mom's fabulous spaghetti and meatballs and now we're watching a Hallmark Christmas movie :)  My dad is in their room watching the Republican debate to end his evening with a comedy and Tate is sound asleep in the room he and I share when we stay here!


I slept downstairs last night to avoid bothering Tate with my frequent potty breaks...bah.  The urgency to go ended around 12:10am.  Not very fun for someone who knew they would likely be awakened by 530am, but I survived.  I did awaken around 4:30am for another jaunt to the bathroom and again at 5, then Tate started fussing and crying at 5:49am.  I could tell he was scared seeing as he is used to me being asleep in the room with him.


We had a busy little morning as I hadn't planned on not being home today.  So did some laundry and cleaned up a bit and we sadly missed Gymboree yet again.  I packed all our stuff up and we were at Grandmommy and Papa's by 930am.  Tate as always was thrilled to be here.  Tate was left in the good hands of my mom, and my dad and I headed off to the hospital.


Everything went really smoothly, if you don't count the irritation of me being on my period.  Trying to figure out how to work out changing, wearing underwear, when to remove my underwear etc....actually this was quite comical.  Got my IV started, my warming vent placed on me, cuddled down under some blankets and I dozed while my dad chilled out to his music next to me until they came and wheeled me away.


Demerol, Zofran and the always festive Versed later, I woke up not wanting to wake up.  I could have slept there forever.  But home they sent me, so my dad bundled me up and we were off.  He even got me my yummy Chick-Fil-A milkshake...the best milkshake ever.  When I walked in the door or should I say floated in the door, Tate ran up to see me and show off his latest maneuver...jumping on the couch pretending to be a rabbit.  I mustered up a 'Wow!' and immediately headed off to nap for 3 1/2 hours.  Absolute bliss.  It was the best sleep I've had in I don't know how long.  I woke up at 6pm and got lots of hugs from my sweet boy.  We played just a bit, got a bath then our Advent 'celebration.'  I brought one of the presents from home.  I reminded him of why we are celebrating and eagerly awaiting the birthday of Jesus.  He loves the idea of it being Jesus' birthday!




A happy little guy as always.  I'll be off to join him very shortly for what I hope is an uneventful night's sleep!
Such joy!

Can't wait to open today's gift!
Reading to Mommy

Oh yes, must check out the synopsis and reviews on the back of the book!
As far as my colonoscopy.  It went really well.  My biggest worry was that I would be groggy and out of it for hours after returning home, which thankfully I wasn't.  I just wanted to sleep, sleep, sleep.  Which I did.  My doc gave me some pictures of my colon :) and no polyps were found as well as no other abnormalities outside of some internal hemorrhoids (probably the cause of the bleeding found yesterday).  I was a bit crampy when I left, but that dissipated within 30 minutes.  I am now going to have to follow-up with a CT scan to try to ascertain what is going on, but I am thrilled to know I don't have colon cancer.  Of course that was weighing heavily in the back of my mind.  My doctor seems to think it could be scar tissue from my c-section or an internal hernia?  I hope this CT scan will produce some results.  My c-section experience was awful.  I had an incredibly difficult time with it...not the actual birth of Tate, but getting my uterus to contract and stop bleeding took almost an hour.  My blood pressure plummeted and I could feel myself floating up and away.  I remember begging the anesthesiologist to not let them put me to sleep and she rubbing my forehead whispering in my ear 'you're doing great Jennifer, hang in there Jennifer, it's going to be ok Jennifer' interspersed with her very commanding, worried, pointed questions to my ob-gyn 'Are you almost done?  How much longer?  Her blood pressure is dropping...I can't get it back up.  HOW MUCH LONGER?'  Thankfully my uterus started cooperating and my blood loss dissipated and I avoided a transfusion, but I knew it was a possibility as well as a hysterectomy.  And my post-op pain was indescribable.  I ended up back at the ob's office exactly one week after Tate was born in more pain than at delivery.  (I will have to write out as much of Tate's birth story as I can remember sometime soon).  Anyway, maybe this pain is related to that.  We shall see.  I've ruled out ovarian issues with the ultrasound a few weeks ago, this today ruled out colon issues, so moving on to the CT scan.  I have great faith all will be ok.  


But how grateful am I that yet again my parents were here for Tate and me.   They took great care of both of us.  My dad sat back in the pre-op room with me the entire I waited in the little uncomfortable chair and made small talk (one of his least favorite pasttimes). My mom and Tate had a grand ole time at home, though they were stuck inside since it was so cold, ok cold for us Texans, and she didn't want to venture outside with him.  All the toys were strewn about and they just played and played.  


So, tonight I'm relieved, tired, happy and content.  So, I think I'm heading off to bed.  Exhaustion, nerves, early wake-ups all week and some Demerol have taken their toll....

No comments: