Well tonight went slightly better :) I obviously got my Christmas wish...LOL! He chose an Elmo book and that was with no prodding or guidance from me. I actually have no idea what books are what in the basket. God certainly does answer prayers, doesn't He? Even materialistic, inane, silly ones. What an awesome God we serve!
However, he didn't want to hear the book! He wanted to go night-night in my bed. When he started trying to climb in my bed I asked him what he wanted and he said "I go night-night". I asked him if wanted to hear stories first or just go night and he said "Go night-night." So we climbed into my bed together and laid down for about 15 minutes, then I rocked him for a few minutes then went ahead and put him in his crib. And he was asleep within minutes, my sweet sweet little boy.
We spent about an hour tonight in the park taking professional 2 year old photos (yes about 4 months late, but hey he's still 2!!!) with my dear friend Kristen who does photography on the side and she's just fabulous! I can't wait to see our shots!! He had an absolutely great time.
I was just overwhelmed tonight with how very much I love this little boy. I love everything about him from his smooth beautiful cheeks to his amazingly sweet personality to his ability to forgive me my short temper when needed. He's just so very special. As I see kids of all ages in my work and hear the horror stories of kids gone wrong I so worry about this raising of another person to adulthood. Certainly most of these parents of the 'problem' children thought/hoped they were doing if not everything then most things 'right', and still kids become surly, become teen-age parents, refuse to go to college and the list goes on and on.
That is actually my most fervent, heartfelt prayer that Tate grow up to be a God-loving/fearing, hard working, compassionate, loving, family man. Oh how I hope I don't screw this up.
It's Advent...a time of hope and anticipation of the birth of our Savior. I am going to hold on to that hope and anticipation. And dream of all the goodness and kindness there is in my sweet Tate.

No comments:
Post a Comment