He was in the crib at 7:43 on his way to dreamland. A seemingly fitful dreamland as evidenced by watching him on the monitor, but dreamland nonetheless.
I had driven home from work with a heavy heart and dread in said heart. Tate awoke last night at 4:04 am (and sadly I had not gone to bed until after 11pm), and he was almost inconsolable. It was awful. I rocked him. I laid down with him. I set him down on his feet beside me when I was about beside myself with exhaustion and stress because I needed a moment. And I almost, almost grabbed that clear pacifier I had found under the bed last night when I was picking up his hippo off the floor. In my tearful, stressed out, heartbroken state I just wanted it to be over. But I picked him, hugged him to me and just started rocking again. And he finally went back to sleep. His sleepy, sweaty, cuddly body cushioned against my breast. At 5:26 I laid back down with him in my bed. I have no idea when he finally dozed back off as I drifted in and out of dozing that entire time. I do remember re-setting my alarm for 6 just to have 15 extra minutes of sleep.
When the alarm went off at 6 he woke up HAPPY as a clam. Like the previous 2 hours had not happened, nor had the night before. He jumped down and played with his trains. And he had a great morning, not a single moment of fussiness. He even put his coat on once we arrived at daycare without one peep.
So we'll see what tonight holds. That 4am sweet spot of his. Something in his sleep cycle lightens him just enough at that point as I've stated before so he wakes more at that point than any other time overnight. I just hope that his hippo brings comfort this time if he wakes enough to be upset.
Because tonight he took the hippo!! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! He still clutched one of the trains, but he used his other hand to hold and manipulate his lovey. :)
Here are a couple of pics of him over the past couple of days with his some of his new Christmas toys!
Playing with his Mr. Potato Head from Aunt S, Uncle D, A and K!
| Enjoying some of the Jesus' birthday cake on Sunday! |
| Photographing the cat with his digital camera from Grandmommy and Papa! It actually takes pictures we can download!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment