Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Swimming, Swimming at the Swimming Pool

This morning my sweet boy started his swim lessons without me in the pool for the first time!  And he did just great!!  He laughed and smiled and did everything he was asked to do.  I was upstairs in the observation room, and he would intermittently look up at me and just grin.  Gosh I love this little boy.  It was amazing to look out on him and think 'That is my SON out there!'  My son.  My little boy.  My child.  Utterly amazing that almost 30 months ago he came into this world.  39 months ago he began from an oocyte and a sperm.  Unbelievable.  (I'm going to post a link later about the beginning of life).

I love love love how he's secure, confident and self-assured enough to separate from me and try new adventures without me.  He sat down with nary a tear nor a long face.  Just grinning from ear to ear, so excited to be back in the water.  And he's secure in how much I love him and knows that I'm not going to let anything, anything happen to him if I can help it.  

My swimmer....











No comments: