January 18, 2012 I love how Tate's eyes are so gorgeous when they well up with tears. Is it wrong to think he looks beautific when he is most sad? This morning he had those eyes at daycare drop-off. He simply has not wanted to go this week. My parents kept him Monday since his school was closed for MLK Day and he's been out of sorts since. But those big, gorgeous eyes...so expressive in their sadness. Breaks. My. Heart.
January 17, 2012 I love how empathetic my little boy is. We were looking at an Elmo book, and Elmo is very sad in one of the pictures. Tate told me "Elmo's sad. Elmo needs hippo and sue-y". He skipped off to find the two loveys and put them against the picture in the book.
January 16, 2012 I love how much Tate loves my parents. They spent the day together, and I've never seen 3 happier people.
January 15, 2012 I love how Tate is starting to form real opinions. Ok, maybe I don't love that so much, but I certainly can love how he's learning how to assert himself (when done in a nice, non-screeching way). Today he didn't want to wear his Texans jersey. Of course that's almost sacri-religious to me, so yes he ended up wearing it, but it was the first time he has had an opinion on clothing. And it's so cute when we do the Texans chant. I say "I say Houston, you say Texans! Houston...! And he says "Go, Go Texans!"
January 14, 2012 I love how much Tate finds so much joy in running around and learning new things. We went to Gymboree today, and he just had a blast. He's never cried or fussed or shied away from doing any of the activities. Sure, he's refused to do some because what he was already doing was so much more fun. But he's always be adventurous and I certainly don't have to hover over him to make sure he doesn't fall or hurt himself. I am definitely not a helicopter parent, and I believe it shows in his decisiveness and his confidence.

1 comment:
I know EXACTLY what you mean about beautiful, sad eyes. Henry's hazel eyes turn emerald green when his heart is breaking. That's how I know that whatever is bothering him at the moment is a big deal. (If it's just that he doesn't like what I made for dinner, his eyes stay hazel, LOL)
What you wrote about Tate having a mind of his own really made me think. I am a bit of a helicopter parent and this isn't good for the long-term. Thanks for the heads-up.
Post a Comment