Saturday morning found Tate asleep until 6:10am! AND he was content to play in his crib until 12 minutes past 7!! Woohoo!! I slept in the extra bedroom starting last Wednesday with the hope that not seeing me in the bed would convince him it was still nighttime; whether that's what did it I don't know or care! Though I hate sleeping away from him I'm enjoying my sleep; I'm going to continue for this upcoming week to try to really get him into the groove of sleeping in until 6! (sleeping in until 6...who would have thought that would be the height of excitement for me?)
We returned to our Music Together class yesterday! I was unsure Tate would continue to enjoy this class, but he really does. He is always smiling and happy to be there, so I went ahead and signed up for the next session. :) We ventured to Target after class then home for lunch.
Feeding...Eating...mostly disastrous this past week. He picks at dinner unless it's chicken nuggets and even then he won't eat all that are offered. He's refusing applesauce and yogurt at night or just picking at it. Hmmmm. He is eating fine at daycare, so he still enjoys my food apparently. Breakfast is pretty much the only meal he'll eat most of, but he's only eating half his yogurt. We'll see what this means.
So, he did not want to nap yesterday after lunch. I promised him a popsicle if he would go to sleep. I rocked him for 10 minutes and he was out.
He slept from 12:35pm - 2:50pm.
That was the best popsicle EVER!
We then went to SMC meeting for a couple of hours. All the kids are older than him by at least 16-18 months, but he was content to play with his trains and enjoy yet another popsicle.
This morning I didn't hear him until 6:36am! Woohoo! I came up to get him right before 7 and he had pooped. :) Of course he had taken off his diaper! Oh and yesterday when I came upstairs he had pooped as well, but kept on the diaper. So, apparently his body has yet to catch up to his mind of sleeping in a bit :)
We had breakfast, went to Whole Foods for some groceries AND made it to church at 9am!! Early to boot!! Church to sing songs. Tate had a great time.
We drove across town at noon to join Susan and the kids at the Rob Fleming Aquatic Park...a wonderland of swimming for kids!!! Tate took about an hour long nap on the way!
He had an absolute blast. He was completely enamored of Katherine (Susan's 6 year old), and everything Katherine did, Tate did. He followed her around the entire 2 1/2 hours we were there. It was hot, humid and a whole lot of fun. I was able to sit back and relax in the water with Susan and her friends quite a bit, because the area was so toddler friendly, and Katherine was more than happy to keep Tate with her and watch out for him. They are moving to Ottawa, Canada in two weeks...I'm so very sad. Though we live over 30 minutes apart and don't see each other nearly as often as we should, it's been so comforting to have this dear, sweet friend of mine in the same city for these past 3 1/2 years. There will be a big hole in our lives when they're gone.
| He loves his Aunt Susan! |
| Aunt Susan was with us when he was born! |
![]() |
| Look at how very much fun Tate was having!!! |



3 comments:
so cute! that waterpark looks amazing -- so much shallow water, just perfect for toddlers!
and i love the imitation!
Sounds like a great day!!
If you ever visit your friend in Ottawa, be sure to swing by & visit us too :)
Tiara...are you in Ottawa too? Because we will definitely be coming up to visit her!!!!
Post a Comment