Tate is off for the night with his grandparents. I had some of my best girlies over for book club tonight, though I think we talked about the book for 5 whole minutes :). We were short a few of the girls, but it was nice to just sit back and be with some amazing women who I love dearly.
But it's now eerily quiet in my house. Though Tate is always asleep by this time of night I'm always aware of his presence in the house. It's so weird to be so far away from him (an entire 26 miles! :) ) But it's so quiet. Part of it is that I don't have the monitor going, so I don't have the white noise of the air purifier in the background. But a huge part of it is the fact that he wasn't running around this evening creating a ruckus.
It's amazing how a child fills up a home. Not just with his stuff, of which there is a TON, but just with himself. His very being. It's just lovely.
So though I'm relishing in the idea of sleeping in tomorrow morning I miss having my sweet boy with me tonight. I'm going to miss running my hand over his head as he sleeps in his crib. I'm going to miss seeing his chest rise and fall one last time before I go to bed. I'm going to miss hearing him rustle about during the night.
Luckily for me there's tomorrow night!

1 comment:
Oh, I can't imagine! I know we have to and need to do it at some point, but I just can't imagine.
I hope you got to sleep late this morning and will be snuggling in close to Tate tonight!
Post a Comment