Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF?

4:52AM 


Yes, 4:52AM


Awake and talking to his trains.  


Then he decided to include me in his conversations about 5 minutes later...


'Mommy!  There's poop in my bed.  There's poop on my sheet.  Mommy?!'  


All in the sweetest, most surprised little voice.


I drug myself out of bed and find his pajamas pants off, diaper off (full of poop) and him standing up surprised.


Thank goodness I went to bed last night at 9:20 because doing laundry at 5am is unpleasant when you've slept 7 1/2 hours;  I can't imagine how much less pleasant it would have been if I had only slept say 6 or so.


And I am eternally grateful to my friend A.B. who passed on her amazing advice to layer crib sheets over waterproof mattress pad as many times as I could.  So I have 4 sets of sheets and waterproof pads on Tate's bed, (which will continue onto the bed when I convert it and probably for as long as he lives in my house no matter what size bed he's in).  As such when he has these 'accidents' or vomits or any number of other fluidy bodily functions, I just have to remove one layer and voila! he can lay right back down.  Of course if he's on the last layer I'm screwed, but so far we've been lucky and there's always been at least one layer left.  AND I only have to totally change the bed once a month which is a feat with a crib.  So sheet washing once a week has never been a huge deal for me.


Anyway, that's how our morning started, and I have to say the rest of the day was pretty much the same...shitty :)  Not all of it, but most of it.  A long morning of whining, fussing, nothing making him happy, me getting beyond frustrated, me losing my voice so not feeling really good.   So after swim lessons he was off to daycare and I cancelled lunch with his godmother (one of my dearest friends) because I had absolutely no voice and felt not so fabulous and I came home and slept 2 1/2 hours.  It was glorious.  I ran to Target for a few things, and guiltily left Tate at daycare until just before 5, so I could clean up this place which was a wreck and do the laundry.  I could have done all of that with him here, but he would have been bored and I would have been distracted with worrying about everything needing to be done, but wanting to be sure he was happy.  So though I don't believe he needs time to play with his friends whom he's seen every day for 4 days already, I knew I wasn't in the mood to juggle him and my chores today.  Feeling crappy like I was made it a much choice to leave him there for a couple of extra hours.


My voice is still gone, but I don't feel feverish anymore, but I'm heading off to bed early anyway.  It's back to being cold here again (cold for us!).  We were in the high 70s, low 80s just yesterday with my a/c going and now it's in the low 50s and I've run the heat a couple of times today to get the chill out of the house.  How can anyone stay healthy with the huge temperature swings, and why does that mess our bodies up so much anyway?  Or is that an old wives' tale?


Here's hoping for a great weekend!  Next week is Spring Break.  I should be excited, right?  Nope.  We'll be slammed and overbooked.  I actually dread going to work on Monday.  But that's a whole other post.  I refuse to think or worry about work this weekend.  Going to relish in mothering my little boy!!!


Here are a couple of pictures from just 2 weeks ago, when it was a gorgeous early Spring day!  


 


1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Sometimes working moms build up such high expectations for the weekend. We have to because that all the time we have with our kids and we want to do EVERYTHING--not just the fun outings and the visits with loved ones but the unstructured hanging out at home and the housework that makes our home a comfortable place. And you know what? It's impossible to do all that in 2-3 days. I know I often end up feeling frustrated and dare I say it? Sorry for myself. But you know, when I look back at most of the photos I take on the weekends, I realize we do have fun even if it wasn't doing what I had anticipated. This balance and flexibility stuff is hard work. Why didn't they teach it in those expensive colleges we went to?!