Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Random Musings on a Wednesday Night

Tate is just so damn cute these days.  I cannot get enough of him.  I dawdle with him in the mornings and try to get extra cuddles in the evenings.  He laughs so hard when I tickle him or make some funny noises or faces.  He loves loves loves playing music on our Blu-Ray player; his favorites are anything Keith Urban but especially 'Put You In a Song', and amazingly he can pick out the specific CD and put it in.  He's also loving 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA.  Who doesn't love 'Dancing Queen?'  He puts those cute little arms in the air and wiggles that super duper cute little boy tushy and just makes me smile from ocean to ocean.  And he talks up a storm.  He can make some 3-5 sentences, but he's really great about repeating every single thing I say.  Needless to say I'm extremely careful with what I say;  I've actually been really good about that since he was born.  It is absolutely astonishing how many new things he learns and assimilates every single day.  


This has been a much better week workwise.  Part of it is that I'm alone at the office, so it's quieter and not nearly as hectic, so I can actually think while I work.  Whenever my boss isn't there I don't do operative treatment;  I do the exams.  As the patients are loathe to see anyone but her we usually end up running about 1/3 our normal schedule.  It's not as stressful, or maybe just a different kind of stressful as I'm not holding my breath while I give shots to 2 and 3 year olds this week.  However, it's very difficult to see a patient for a recall exam who has been seeing my boss (the other Dr. C in the office) for 10 years, and I find a cavity on said patient for the first time.  Not conversations I enjoy having with their parents, but I put on my big girl panties and do it.  If they don't believe me or opt to have her do another exam, I just grit my teeth and move on.  


We've got a busy weekend coming up. Thankfully I'm off on Friday.  But it's a packed day.  I have an appointment for blood work Friday morning at 815am.  We have Tate's swimming lessons at 930am.  I have an eye check-up appointment at 11am, so he will be off to daycare after swim lessons.  I then have a physical at 145pm which I am sure to fail on many, many levels.  But I'm excited to see where I am healthwise and to start taking control of my body.  I need to lose weight, I need to exercise...this vessel I am walking around in is begging me to take better care of it.  This will be a wake-up call I'm sure.  I'm just praying I don't hit snooze yet again.  After my appointment I'll pick up sweet Baby Tate and hopefully we'll have time to go play in the park.


Saturday morning we're doing the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy Awareness.  I've raised over $500, so I'm pretty proud of my friends and family who are supporting us.  And I just decided to join the race last Tuesday!!!  In the afternoon we're going to a little birthday party for one of Tate's 'friends' at the train at Hermann Park...one of Tate's most favorite things to do!!!!


Sunday will be Tate and Mommy time!!!  Woohoo!!!


So, tonight I'm heading off to bed hopefully a bit early.  I'm still sleeping downstairs during the week so as to not be disturbed by Tate when he wakes around 5am.  If I'm in the room with him he feels the need to share his joy of the upcoming day with me.  If I'm not in there he happily flips the pages of the books I lay about his crib once he's gone to sleep in the evenings.  But I miss sleeping in the same room as him.  And I can't really say why.  It's obvious he doesn't need me in there with him.  But I miss the closeness I guess.  We spend so much of our day separated that I crave the nighttime closeness though we rarely co-sleep these days (he is all over the bed!!!)  But when I co-sleep with him I love love love the sweet little contented little smile he gives me when he realizes we're going to be sleeping together.  He gathers his little hippo lovey to his face, curls on his right side, cuddles into my left arm and just grins this cheesy, thrilled little grin.  


MMMMMM...I love it.  It brings such joy to my heart.  I wish I could bottle up that pure joy and love and savor it forever.


1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Wow--you do have a busy weekend coming up. (But lots of worthwile things!)

Ok, who doesn't believe the dentist when she says there's a cavity? Kids get them. It's not fun. It makes a parent feel guilty BUT it happens. Who questions the dentist? Probably the same people who question their child's teacher for confiscating a ringing cell phone!

Other subject: I stopped sleeping in the same room as Henry when he was 15 months old. I felt so LOST. Most of the people I told about it thought I was crazy to be grieving a move to the room next door, but I did. It was an important transition but not an easy one. Your doing the right thing for both of you and your love reaches down the longest hallway :)