Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Just a little bit of Tate

I have to write about the so very cute things Tate does!! I do try to keep his yearly calendars up to date, but sometimes he does so many adorable things in one day I can't fit them in the little square!  :)


So, tonight after dinner, we're hanging out in the living room, me on the floor, him messing around with all of my CDs and DVDs putting them in and out of the Blu-Ray player, letting the chosen songs play about 12 seconds each time.  Just enough time for him to get a good butt swing going with some arm action and a goofy, excited grin!  Then he pushes open/close and chooses another!!  Oh and he knows exactly which one will play Keith Urban's guitar (aka 'Put You In A Song'!!);  he can pick that one out of a stack of 74 CDs.  As I'm sitting there drawing on his art table he starts singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' all by himself out of nowhere for no reason.  The entire song.  He just moved his little booty back and forth and wobbled his head while he sang.  I didn't want to get up and go get anything to video him because I simply wanted to enjoy the experience.  And I'm so glad I decided to just be in the moment with my little boy.  That little face, that gorgeous smile, those happy eyes...he was just having a great time, singing a little tune to himself.  


Then tonight as I was reading stories to him at bedtime, he climbed down off my lap, grabbed his book 'Moo Baa La La La', sat down on the floor near me in the glider and read the book to his hippo.  He actually said most of the words correctly.  I was enamored of all he can do and all that he has become.  It's just so cool!  :)


Oh and this morning at swim lessons we were practicing climbing out of the pool via the wall.  We were right next to the depth marker written on the side of the pool.  It said 3 FT 6 IN.  He randomly pointed to the 6 and said six!  He then pointed to the T and said 'T'.  The 'T' doesn't surprise me that much since he sees that all the time with his name.  The 6 I will have to say surprised me.  I then quizzed him on the rest of the letters and he got them all but F.  He confuses that with T.  But he also knew the 3!  And maybe most toddlers know these things; in fact I'm sure they do, but it doesn't make me less proud!!!


This little boy and I have come so far.   Two years ago I couldn't have imagined having another human being at my dinner table to talk with (well ask yes or no questions of), someone to sing with in the car, someone to travel with (though traveling with a toddler is not a vacation), someone to fill every nook and cranny of this house with his laughter, his smiles, his antics and his life and someone to make me part of a family.  Sure there are plenty of times when his whining, oh the whining, make me want to scream (and sadly sometimes I simply do lose it) and there are times when I'm just counting the minutes when he goes down for a nap or to bed.  I just need some downtime and some alone time.  And when I'm just craving that alone time, I am beyond grateful I am an SMC because I don't have a partner I have to have in my space. I need the time to just be.  But then I go upstairs to check on Tate.  I hear his sweet breathing.  I see that sweet tush up in the air.  I see those cheeks just sucking away on that pacifier while he's clutching that hippo in his hands.  I smell the smell of my little boy.  And I just want to crawl into the crib with him or pick him out of the crib and cuddle him all night long.  I want him to wake up just a bit to give me a kiss or snuggle in more.  I want it to be morning, so I can see his first morning smile and hug that warm, sleep filled body.


So, I'm off tonight to go check on him.  Then I'll head off to bed;  I'm still trying to decide if I'll sleep in the room with him tonight or downstairs alone.  I'm thinking with him is going to win.  


The sweet sound of my baby sleeping will give me all the rest I need.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

One of the things about this age is how hard it is to keep recording all the great things they do for the first time--everything starts happening so fast. Tate is a very smart little boy--I have no doubt between conversations with mommy and his "school days" he is well beyond his age when it comes to knowing letters and numbers. It's so much fun when they just "get it"!