My new favorite word to hear him say is 'mosquito.' Last night he shrieked from in the living room amongst his toys 'There's a mosquito!' From my perch in the bathroom (a whole other story about never peeing along at home anymore) 'Where?' Eyes roll to the sky 'Right there!' pointing to everything and nothing. I didn't even know he knew what a mosquito was. He flapped his arms about trying to get it away from himself. I had to stifle a giggle to see my sweet little 2 year old flailing about over a mosquito. He brings me such joy.
Lindsey's best friend is Tiffany. She and Tiffany meet over here pretty often to run around and do all the festive things those in their late 20s do :) Tiffany drives a silver Honda Civic. A few weeks ago she left her car in my garage while the two of them went out in Lindsey's car. Tate and I got home from wherever we were and as we drove into the garage I pointed out that that was Aunt Tiffany's car. Nothing special, no big deal. I gave it no thought.
Sunday morning we were walking through a parking lot at the grocery store. Tate's holding my hand taking in all the cars around him. All of a sudden he pulls me to a stop and says 'Tiffany's car.' I just couldn't fathom what he was saying...I look to my right and lo and behold there is a silver Honda right next to us. How on earth did he remember that from one experience? That she drives a silver Honda? He amazes me.
I love when I play a song on the radio in the car and he pipes in from the back 'Don't like that one!' Unless we're playing a Keith Urban, Sugarland or his ABC music from school he doesn't like that one. He makes me laugh.
Now when I do something he doesn't find amusing he points a finger at me and says 'Stop Mom-my' and he'll try to bop me on the head if he can. (the bopping will get him a time out) If I'm singing to a song and I'm off key to him I'm told to stop. If I'm reading a story he's not interested in I'm told to stop. He keeps me on my toes.
And the clever wake up message!! 'MOOOMMMMYYY!! Poops!' 'More poops Mommy!' He knows this is sure to have me out of bed in seconds flat. However, now that I've responded in record time to the dirty diaper he has determined it's the best way to get me moving in the morning. Now more often than not he has no poops, but I'm never sure, so he gets to get up when he wants. This does not make me happy. We're working on the honesty thing. He makes me shake my head.
When we're going somewhere and we're on our way down the stairs he'll say 'Come on Mommy. Bye Cat. Let's go Mommy!' as he traverses the stairs all on his own. He loves going bye-bye. He continues to surprise me.
From telling me 'More cheerios RIGHT there' as he points to the exact place in the bowl for more cereal to 'Put hippo in his spot' in the evenings (we put his lovey in a special spot on the side of the tub during bathtime. To 'Where'd it/he/she go?' to 'Tate tvs' when he wants to watch videos of himself. He has me right where he wants me :)
And I love, love, love listening to him read books to himself or his animals (usually his hippo). When I stop to really listen he is actually saying the words almost exactly right page by page. Especially his Maisy's Pool book. He even has my cadence down when he reads that book with the appropriate hand gestures and sounds!! His favorite thing it seems when he's playing by himself is to read books out loud to his loveys and our cat. He makes me beyond happy with his love of the written word.
And my all time favorite...'Good Job Tate!!' The first time I heard him say it he had put his shoes on by himself for the first time albeit on the wrong feet. It was just over a month ago, and he was SO proud of himself!!! Then I hear this little voice say 'Good job Tate! Yay Tate Tate!' Absolutely priceless to me.
He brings me more joy than I thought possible. This little boy of mine, just pure bliss.


No comments:
Post a Comment