Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Second Sunday of Advent - Day 6 and 7

The 6th and 7th days of Advent have been quite eventful.  Well, eventful for our little lives.

We lazed around yesterday morning until we had to trek 30 miles north for a 'Frozen' Pump-It-Up birthday party!!  We made our way home and off to a haircut for sweet Tate.  



We came home and I cooked for my Tribal White Elephant Christmas dinner party as quickly as I could.  Then I got Tate bathed, and we opened his Day 6 Advent book!
I read him the book while he ate his dinner, and then our fabulous Nanny S arrived!  I was off to hang out with some of my bestest friends for the evening!!  It was a lovely, funny, silly and amusing evening full of laughs and love.  Even better I came home with Rudolph the Red Betta Fish as my white elephant gift (Tate named him this morning)!


Last night, though, Vincent was on the prowl.  So, Rudolph lives in my room.  Sigh.

This morning I introduced Tate to his new pet...
Yes he put his hand into the bowl.  I don't who is worse...Tate or the cat!!  He chose the name, and we made our way downstairs for breakfast!  He opened his Lego Advent at breakfast time.

We made our way to church for the 75th Anniversary Celebratory service.  I knew we would have to arrive early to have a seat in the church sanctuary.  We arrived about 25 minutes early for the service;  we go to a totally kids' geared service normally, so I was really worried Tate wouldn't be able to sit still and quietly.  And the people who attend this church on these types of occasions are not ones to find busy little boys endearing.  He put up a fuss almost as soon as we walked into the sanctuary, the looks started, but I decided to move on.  He actually did really well...the service lasted 90 minutes!  Remember we were almost 30 minutes early, so he hung in there.  He colored, squiggled about, drew pictures and basically did an amazing job.  We participated in the entire church group photo and then headed off to buy our fish some fish food.

Rudolph was fed, Tate and I lunched and then spent the afternoon together at home.  We watched Charlie Brown again (he loves the Thanksgiving DVD), played games, I piddled on the computer, he played planes and we decorated the Christmas tree in his bedroom.  He was very serious about his decorating.

 I got him bathed early tonight because I knew he was going to be opening his Lego book that was a building set this evening.  He had chosen it last night, but I wanted him to open it on a night I could be here with him to watch his joy in building it!!  So I suggested he choose a different book last night!  He was over the moon with his 'choice' tonight!
 We ate a little dinner, read some stories and he was sound asleep by 7:45!!

It was a lovely weekend.  I also realized that my not wanting to spend evenings away from him where I miss bedtimes are the right decision for our family, especially not doing it twice in a 3 day period.  All day long he asked me if I was going to a party or a meeting tonight.  I must have reassured him 4 or 5 times that I wasn't.  As we walked into the bedroom tonight to read stories and go to bed he asked me again.  Sweet boy.   I miss putting him to bed when I'm gone as well.  I love laying there and cuddling with him and just talking about our day.  It's such an awesome way to end our day.  Thankfully it's even rarer that we don't start our days together.  

I just love our little family.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!

I love Rudolph the Red Beta!! Lol. And my cat and kid would be doing the same exact thing!!