Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

4th Day of Advent

We opened this book together; his awesome nanny read it to him since
I had to go out!! It's called 'Santa's Favorite Story: The Story of the First Christmas'
 
He was a bit sleepy...school all day, after school art, book fair
and evening babysitter make for a tuckered out 5 year old!

But the tired 5 year old can rally to
open the Lego Advent Calendar on Day 4!
It was a long day for both Tate and me.  He had school :)  I had to work, but thankfully only until 3pm!  We had our work Christmas party tonight, so Rita let everyone off early to get ready.  I made a quick Target run, then ran to pick up Tate at 430.  We made our way across town in absolutely horrific traffic...took us 27 minutes to go about 5 1/2 miles...to his school book fair.  We didn't stay too long...Tate was exhausted, and honestly at full price, B&N prices I couldn't afford more than just a few books...3 to be exact.  He was happy with our purchases and happily read one book in its entirety on our long, long, tedious, traffic filled drive home.
 
We got home about 6:05.  I got his dinner ready with the help of his Nanny S, changed my clothes, did my hair and make-up, got him into his pjs, did his Advent book and calendar with him, got them organized and got myself out the door by 6:40!

This was the first time I had Nanny S put Tate to bed, and apparently it went really well.  I can tell he really loves her.  They have fallen into an easy camaraderie with one another, and I'm so very pleased.  I can't express how grateful I am to have had her come into our lives.  I know Tate is well taken care of and she really cares for him.  I couldn't ask for more.

I went to our little office soiree and am now home and absolutely exhausted.  I am sad I didn't get to read today's book with Tate, so I'm looking forward to reading it to him in the morning.  

On that note I'm off to bed.

No comments: