I have so many mixed emotions I don't even know where to start. I can't believe he's going into 1st grade, though I think the transition to 2nd grade is going to be harder. I still think of 1st graders as being little boys, little people. 2nd grade just seems so much more like real school. I can't even bear to think of that right now, and thankfully I don't have to.
So my sweet little boy has finished kindergarten. The last day was one big Tate celebration!! I was absolutely exhausted by the time we got home at 5:15!!
Here's my sweet boy ready for the last day of school!
I asked him what he wanted to get his teacher as an end of the year gift, and he was very specific...'cut flowers and chocolate hearts.' That's what we got her, as well as a pair of cool earrings :)
The morning started with Lower School Prize Day at 8:15am. Every single boy gets recognized and receives some sort of award; apparently it's a tradition. Our school also gives each boy a book :). I love when Tate walks into assemblies when I'm there....the looking around for me, the shy grin when he sees me and then the absolute joy of seeing his mother in the audience. I could just scrunch him up and hug him all day when I see that face.
![]() |
| Tate and some of his buddies! |
Raced back to pick Tate up and we headed over to the bowling alley for noon! The boys had a blast bowling and we parents just got to hang out.
After an hour and a half of bowling it was time for the end of season baseball pool party!! Yes we had more celebrating to do!! We were off to one of Tate's teammates home!! I could barely walk by this point. Combining my exhaustion with Tate's tears and crying because I had forgotten his goggles, and I was just about done. I will admit I didn't handle his crying and whining about the lack of goggles well...it was hot, uber sticky and the mosquitoes were out in full force. He ended up getting in the pool finally, albeit while freezing because he refused to submerge himself in the water which would have kept him warm. But we made it though!!!
With that, summer had officially started. Tate and I headed home, along with D who we took to the party. We watched his new 'Cars' movie which I gave him as an end of the school year present and headed off to bed.
![]() |
| Gathered around the 'championship' trophy! |
I have a first grader.








2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe Tate is a 1st grader already!! I think I first found your blog when he was just under 2.
Do they use desks or tables in 1st grade? Our school uses desks and its a jarring sight to this mom. My baby at a desk? With books, folders and homework? My baby?
Post a Comment