Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

When It Rains, It Pours

It's been raining here, ALOT.  So much so that I have a huge leak in my dining room window that has ruined two sets of very expensive blinds, caused staining on my stucco and damage to the interior of my home as well.

All that to say I finally hired a general contractor to try to come help figure out what was wrong with my house and how to fix it.  Which cost money.  Lots of it.

I also have birds in my stove vent.  Lots of chirpy, happy birds.  I hired a Pest control company to come figure out to fix that problem.  Which cost money.  A bit of it.

I ran into a trashcan trying to allow someone to drive past me when I had the right-of-way, so I scooted over and hit said trashcan.  Which cost money.  Lots of it.

So, today since Tate's camp is only half day I arranged for the contractor and pest guy to come over and get their work going.  I also arranged for a playdate for Tate with one of his friends from school..he lives right around the corner.  Nanny S picked Tate up from camp and picked D up and brought them both home.

When I called to see how everything was going during lunch Nanny S said Tate had told her his forehead hurt and asked why D had to come over.  We just chalked the forehead up to the fact that he needed some down time before playing with D, but Nanny S had to get D since his grandmother couldn't bring him at that moment.  All seemed good.  Once Tate had some lunch he was playing with D.

I called around 2 to see if either company had showed up yet;  neither had.  

But...Tate had just thrown up.  Uh-Oh.

As Nanny S was telling me about it, the doorbell rang.  It was the pest guy.  She got him inside and was trying to show him where everything was while comforting Tate and getting D situated.  

Meanwhile I'm on the line and texting D's mom to tell her Tate has thrown up;  could her mom come get D?

Then Nanny S says that now D is scared of Vincent who has gotten riled up with all the commotion apparently.  Nanny S who herself is not a cat person, corralled Vincent into Tate's bedroom.  He of course did not go willingly.

So she's trying to check on Tate when the doorbell rings again...it's the contractor.  I'm being called for a patient, so I had to go and leave them to their chaos.

I check back in around 230, and Nanny S says Tate was still complaining his forehead hurt, so I told her to give him some ibuprofen.  I talked to the contractor and they had determined where the leak is, so we're going to move forward with the repairs as soon as he can get his stucco guy out here.

Pest guy got the stove cleaned out, found tons of bird stuff and gunk.   Blech!  He sealed up the vent and hopefully that is the end of that.

I raced home as soon as I could after work to see my sweet boy who was just laying on the couch watching his new favorite movies...Charlie Brown. :)  Nanny S told me he threw up two more times...once all of his lunch...all over absolutely everything...blanket, pillow, living room table, floor. She graciously rinsed out and washed the blanket and got Tate bathed.

We huddled on the couch after she left to watch some more Charlie Brown and I gave him some sips of Pedialyte.  Which came back up 30 minutes later with the remnants of lunch...all over me, him and my couch.

All bathed and laundered 30 minutes later we were reading books in bed and he just laid down to go to sleep...totally unheard of for him.  He is not one to ever, ever lay down and close his eyes especially while something is going on.  He was out by 7:05.

So I know he's sick.  I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour stomach virus, but the headache could mean an impending fever.  He was afebrile when he fell asleep, but he'd also had motrin at 230, so we weren't quite 6 hours post dosage.  I'll check him before I go to bed.  

Poor little bug.  He so rarely gets a real sickness, and by real I mean something that wears him out, causes him discomfort.  He gets sinus and allergy related stuff often enough, but that stuff doesn't knock him on his ass like truly being sick does.   I definitely cannot remember the last time he threw up like this...I feel like it was when he was still in diapers!

So no camp tomorrow...Nanny S will come stay with him all day.  Which will cost me more money.  I hope he's up to camp on Friday...(a) because he's enjoying it (b) because I paid a lot of money for it, and I want him to get everything out of it he can and (c) I have a massage scheduled for 9am!!!!  :)

All is good.  We're home, he's asleep and we're together.  My prayer tonight will be for a good night's sleep for both us, healing for him and a brighter tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tiara said...

Poor kiddo! Hope he's doing better today.

And your Nanny deserves a medal for dealing with all that chaos! She's a keeper for sure!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a day!! I hope Tate is feeling better!!