Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

 Mother's Day.  A day I had hoped to celebrate for me for years and years;  I've so always wanted to be a mom.  This was my 6th Mother's Day!!  Because yes I count that year when I was pregnant...I loved every minute of being pregnant, every.single.minute.  I have never felt so beautiful, complete and connected to another human being...that's how I knew I was meant to be a mother.  I was completely fulfilled once I was pregnant. 

This Mother's Day weekend started with the Mother's Day Liturgy at Tate's school.  It was just lovely.  We sat together during the mass and then in the midst of it the boys stood up and sang 'You Are My Sunshine' to their moms.  The one song I've sang to Tate since he was born.  Well I haven't sang it to him at bedtime in about a year and a half, but it was the first song I sang to him when the nurse placed him in my arms in the hospital for the first time.  And I've started singing it to him every night again;  he was shy and embarrassed the first few times, but now I think he's loving it :).  It was sweet to look around and see the 7th and 8th grade boys struggling to be cool, yet wanting to love on their mamas by singing.  I only taped a few stanzas because I wanted to be able to just breathe in my sweet boy.  Oh my though I love Tate's face as he sings, the shyness, the embarrassment, his love...just beautiful!

Then the kindergarten and 1st grade boys sang 'You Are So Beautiful'...tears.  Just gorgeous.

My sweet boy also went up to the stage and got a rose for me...Love him so much!  



After some snacks he headed off to class, and I went off smelling my rose :)

Saturday we met our good friends for lunch at a lovely restaurant...it has a huge grassy play area outside for kids to play in and run about!  It's one of our most favorite places for lunch!  I just wanted to spend some time with N and R;  it's so important to me that Tate see strong, positive black mothers and to foster these friendships for him!   And our kids have a great time together!


One of the rare times Tate has picked up a bug!
He quickly exchanged the bug for a book!
Which I love!!!
On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to church to the awesome worship service.  It was a lovely service, and we had a lovely time.  Even better the church gives all the kids a rose to give to their mothers as we leave the worship service!

That afternoon, we went to see another festive kid's play, 'Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing' with our friends S and her son P.  I invited my mom along as well as my sister Kellie and my nephew.  The boys loved the play;  it was really well done and actually quite funny!
My mom, Tate and I came home for dinner which I had prepared that morning.  Lindsey joined us as well.  I had made chicken spaghetti that morning.  Lindsey came to my house while we were still at the play to cook everything and get the table ready.  Even better, she had picked up a card for Tate to sign along with a little gift for him to give me...some scentsy chips for my warmer...yum.   
Three of my most favorite people!
It was a beautiful weekend which reminds me in the hectic pace of my life, the stress of all that's going on, more wrong than right these days, the worry and pain that I am truly content.  My life's dream has come true and because of that, all the worry, pain, stress and hecticness of my life is nothing but a blip in my life.  

This, this mothering, is what I was meant to do.  I'm so blessed that God deemed me worthy to raise this sweet soul.

2 comments:

Chasing Joy said...

What a lovely Mother's Day!!!

Laraf123 said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend!