We piddled around most of the day, then met up with some new friends at a local splash park!! Super fun!!!
Monday morning started week 2 of creative writing camp complete with a theme for each day!! Monday's theme was Pirates and Pajamas...score for us because Tate has some super cute pirate pajamas :)
That night we decided to work on our shoe tying! And he did it!!! He was so very proud! So was I!!
All day Monday we Houstonians were on high alert about Tropical Storm Bill! Which became an absolute nightmare for all of us!! The flooding of the past few months had all of us on pins and needles, especially the weathermen. As such all camps and schools were preemptively closed for Tuesday. Meaning Tate's camp was closed, and I had no one to watch him as I couldn't begin to ask Nanny S to take chances to come to us, nor could I ask my parents to drive into what could feasibly be a dangerous weather situation. So I needed someone to take care of Tate on Tuesday, since I would have to be at work. As always my village came through, and my friend N offered to keep Tate for me all day without me even having to ask! So very grateful!!
Tuesday morning we planned a pajama party day for the kiddos...Tate was over the moon!
My girlfriend even has a bounce house for playdates!!!! We finished up with patients a tad early, so I was able to grab Tate and make our way home.
Oh and there was no flooding here, barely any rain...a huge non-event. Sigh.
Since Wednesday was Super Hero Day...you could dress up as a known super-hero or make up one of your own. We opted to make up one of our own with my very limited costume making capabilities. We had his knight cape from Disney World and a plain dark shirt. I asked him who he would like to be...he said Captain Snack! Woo Hoo!! I thought...how easy! I'll just cut out an 'S' and glue it on the shirt, put on the cape and he'll be ready! Then I thought...no no no! We can hot glue some of his felt food onto the shirt!! So we did!
Meet Captain Healthy Snack!
Since the food consisted of lettuce, onions, pickles, cheese and turkey slices we decided he had to be Captain HEALTHY Snack!! Doesn't he look like he could save the world from junk food???
That afternoon Nanny S took Tate to a Lego Robotics Playdate sponsored by a Houston's moms group. His friend Mr. P joined him! The boys were partners and built a cool robotic!
That evening I had my own playdate with some of the moms from Tate's kindergarten 1st grade class. We met at a yummy Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. There will be 4 new boys in the class next year; we are losing 3. And surprise, surprise there's going to be another Tate!! Seriously, what are the odds??? But we had a lovely time!!
On Thursday the kids in Tate's creative writing class put on a little play. Since it was in the middle of the morning I couldn't go, so my awesome parents went for me!! Goodness are they amazing! They took lots of pics and videos for me, but I don't have them yet. But here is one...Tate was a minion!
I told Tate a couple of times that I wasn't going to be able to make it to the play; I was so sad to have to miss it. Thankfully he was absolutely ok with it. When I reminded him as I drove to H's house that morning he told "It's ok Mommy! Grandmommy and Papa are coming! And they're really tall! Cause they're 73 and 75 years old! I can't wait to show my friends. I know you have to work."
Sweetest boy ever.
After the play was over at 11:30, my parents drove to my office, and we all went to lunch together..we even met Nanny S at the restaurant!
After lunch my parents headed home, and Nanny S took Tate to a playdate at an indoor bounce house place to meet one of his friends from school! The boys had an absolute blast!!!
Friday I was off, so I got to take Tate to camp and pick him up which I know he loves! It was Wacky Outfit Day! Tate was by far the wackiest dressed! :)
![]() |
| Christmas shirt, strangely plaid shorts, pajama bottoms, 2 different shoes and 2 different pairs of socks! |
| Tate reading a book to Rhonda, her husband and son! They were so sweet to indulge him! |
| Even Vinnie wanted part of family time! |
We just hung out the rest of the day!
Sunday found us at church in the morning. Tate got to help with the offering again!
After church we ran some errands then headed over to my parents' house for dinner since it was Father's Day!!! Per my dad's wishes we didn't take tons of pictures, ok we took none. He's so funny. We just hung out and enjoyed being there with everyone! Tate spent the night there, so I could head home to pack for DISNEYLAND!!! Yep we were off to Disneyland on Tuesday, so I didn't have any camp plans for him for Monday. My parents agreed to keep him for me then take him to swim lessons and return to my house to spend the night and take us to the airport on Tuesday!! They are simply the best!!!
So our third week of summer was pretty uneventful, yet fun!
But oh my goodness was our 4th week simply amazing!!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment