Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 18, 2013

Disney Wonder Cruise - Day Two - Day at Sea

5:41am

Yep Tate was ready and raring to go at 5:41am.  I wasn't terribly surprised with the late bedtime.  I on the other hand was not a happy camper.  I practically fell off the bed in anger and exhaustion.  I hissed out "Go back to sleep!"  Ugh.  He tossed and turned and wiggled about for what seemed like forever.  I did manage to doze off and on with commands of "Go back to sleep" or "Be still!" every 10 minutes or so.  I finally got on up around 6:30.  I had brought a Thomas movie, his History of Steam Trains DVD and I presented him with a new Chuggington DVD that morning.  He was giddy and watched and downed a bowl of cheerios too.  (I had also brought along 12 of his little milk boxes)

The night before I had ordered his breakfast for the dining room...some oatmeal and egg-free pancakes! His first pancakes...a huge hit!!!!  Jane also brought him some hot chocolate so he was in heaven. I also brought along some yogurt :)  He was thrilled!!

The biggest thrill though was that this was our Character Breakfast!!  Yay!!!  So. Much. Fun.

Mickey and Minnie came by for a photo-op and hug as well as Goofy and Pluto!  The kids were so very excited!!  As were we adults!
It's Pluto!!!

Sweet Minnie!
Goo-fy!!! 

Me and my sweet boy! 
Peter Pan and Minnie Mouse!
Yummy pancakes!
Man of the Hour - Mickey Mouse 
After breakfast we headed off to meet Chip and Dale.  Tate has been enamored of them for as long as I can remember.  He is so cute about them too!  He calls them Chicken Dale.  He knows there are two of them, but one is Chicken and one is Dale. :)  I had to go over and over and over it while we were standing in line for our meet and greet.  He still didn't believe me until the cruise staff member called them very clearly ChiP and Dale :)
He got their autographs too!!


Hugs for Chip!


 Then we ran off for Story Time with Belle at the Oceaneer Club (it was also 'open house' so we parents were allowed to stay, actually had to stay).  

Belle is Tate's absolutely favorite princess as is made obvious by his rapt attention...



We hung out here for a bit longer then headed off to get ready for our adult only brunch at Palo.  We three ladies had reservations for 11:00am!

We brought the kids back to the Kids' Club at 10:45 in time for the Toy Story Boot Camp, then N, R and I headed up to brunch.

It was a fabulous lunch, and so nice to be kid free.  The food was good and the company great.  Our server was fantastic; his name was Toni and he was from Serbia.  A really sweet young man.

Poor N started feeling poorly, or should I say more poorly and sweet H had gotten sick overnight with seasickness, so she headed off early.  R and I stayed until about 1.  I headed back to the room and hung out on the balcony and enjoyed the calm view of the blue water then took a brief nap on the couch while watching bits and pieces of 'The Great Gatsby.'  At 2:30 I got a text from the Kids' Club saying Tate wanted to be picked up.  When I got down there he was crying, sweet boy.  He was so sad and upset and wouldn't tell the teachers what was wrong.  Once I got him to me, he told me he was sad because he couldn't find H or G.  Apparently, they had already been picked up. I was a bit put out because all of us were on the paperwork to pick up each other's kids, and I was upset they had left Tate there alone.  I found out later that G had been picked up by the nanny around 11:45 and H had asked for them to call her mom around 1.  When N arrived to pick up H, Tate was eating his pre-arranged lunch with the staff and didn't want to leave.  (I was impressed that the staff insists on eating with kids with food allergies for safety reasons).  So I was cool with it after all.  

We made our way back to the room and changed for the pool, just the two of us!!!  At the very very awesome Mickey pool...



That's Tate swimming away!

Under again! 
He loves playing in those sprinklers!  








Though it was just the two of us, Tate had a great time playing on the deck.  To make the day complete we met up with Minnie Mouse!




Sweet hugs!
We headed back to the room for some downtime and a bath before our formal dinner at Parrot Cay!  Yum Yum!
Tuxedo napkins!
Happy kids!



 Again, we had latecomers in our party for dinner :( (doesn't joining the dinner table at 6:45 for the 5:45 seating make you a latecomer?) and I got stressed, though the food was yummy.  I tried to go with it and we made it to the end of the meal, but I took my dessert to go :).  Tate again was thrilled with our towel discovery upon our return to our room!
Armadillo!!
He was out within seconds again tonight. You can see where he slept behind that curtain.  He asked me NOT to move him into my bed though...such a funny little boy.  I was in bed by 9:30 as well.  I slept a bit better this night, though I woke up with stomach cramps several times and got a bit sick (not vomiting though, thank goodness).  Looking back I know that that was my sea-sickness (in addition I got my period 5 days early that Monday!)  Tate joined me in bed around 2 and passed right back out!  

It had been a fantastic magical day!



2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

Thanks for sharing--Liam looked over my shoulder as I was reading and said, "I want to go on a ship with Pluto!"

Shannon said...

I'm not a big fan of cruises, but now I *really* want to go on a Disney one! Aside from the latecomers for dinner, it sounds wonderful.