Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Disney Wonder Cruise - Day Six - Cozumel, Mexico

Another lie in for me this morning...6:05am!  Tate noshed on his breakfast of champions while I laid around.  We finally got dressed and on our way to my breakfast and H and N joined us!  We were going to be spending the day together in gorgeous Cozumel!




Tate was thrilled to trade pins again this morning and to make it even more festive, our assistant server, Jane was manning the entrance this morning, so he traded with her!

Tate seemed to be getting 'over' the pancakes and just moved the food around on his plate this morning, but gulped down the hot cocoa.  We ran back upstairs and got our stuff and headed out to Mexico!  

We loaded up on the buses and we were off to our Playa Del Mia Beach Break!

It was about a 20 minute ride and the kids were exuberant with excitement and happiness!  We arrived with our huge group and quickly made our way to the beach front to snag some chairs and an umbrella.  And umm some adult beverages :)

The kids immediately got busy in the sand while N and I enjoyed our drinks, got on free Wi-Fi and tried to relax in the gorgeous sun.






The kids frolicked in the beach water for a bit then we went up to the splash park.
Oh My Goodness...this was amazing!  We let them play and play and play!!

There they are!!!!












So much cool stuff to do!!
I can almost still hear their laughter!








I wanna be 4 again!



Such joy!  And it was wondermous to just hang around, walk around and watch them.  I'm a bit less of a worry mama than N, but we still complement each other very well.  And our kids adore one another.  I am soooo very glad to have made some friends of color.  So very glad.  For me.  For Tate.  For my little family.  Though we all live and work in different part of life, Houston I hope we continue our friendship and their friendship!

We had some lunch, it was the only part of the excursion that was just 'eh.'  But Tate was happy with his illegal hotdog and chips, so all was good.  And um of course a Pina Colada makes even the worst food tolerable :)

We let the kids play in the beach for a bit after lunch and the water was just breathtakingly clear.




Can you see the Mickey Mouse I painted on my big toe?
After some fun in the ocean the kids wanted to return to the splash park, so we went back and let them have as much fun as they wanted, while the mamas relaxed...
 Sadly the time for us to leave came, so we gathered up our exhausted but so very thrilled kiddos and headed for the shops on the way to the bus.  

This video pretty well exhibits how much fun they had.  Tate and his new ukelele.

We were back on the cruise ship by 3:15.  


Now I wanted Tate to be able to go to the Disney Dreams show this evening, so I told him if he took a nap we would go see the Princess Show.  He was all excited and willing until it came time to actually take this nap.  After much cajoling and convincing he finally fell asleep around 3:45 and blissfully slept until just before 5.  While he snoozed, I sadly started packing.  I gave him a bath and we met H and N (H also took a nap) and we headed down for the Semi-Formal dinner that night.

So cute!
Dinner was yummy and I even got to relax just a bit and enjoy my nightly drink and dessert.  Oh did I mention that Tate had had vanilla ice cream every night...he was in HEAVEN!  He didn't each much dinner;  I think he was tired of the same basic food.  There were about 6 things he had been offered the entire trip...hotdog, grilled chicken, grilled cheese, Mickey Pasta, french fries, sweet potato and broccoli (though I tried to get him to eat some cauliflower..no go).  He had done quite well all week, even eating the broccoli at each dinner, but he was tired of it and I think the richness of the food was starting to bother him.  I told him he didn't have to eat anything he didn't want, so he ate a couple of french fries and ate his ice cream.
A little tired, I'd say.
I whooshed him upstairs to change his clothes (I had bathed him before dinner as I had every night) into his pajamas.  We brushed and flossed his teeth and got his music cued up in the lap top, sound machine ready to go and his bed ready (Sam had already turned it down for us).  I told him there would be no stories tonight because his story would be the show. (which started at 8:30pm)  

But of course though we first had to ooh and aah over our dinosaur!!!







Down we went to meet Mickey Mouse once again!


He caught his second wind!


After the show, which was fantastic, I swooped Tate up and made a beeline for our room.  He was sound asleep by 9:35pm.   I followed very soon after!  

Just a lovely, lovely, picture perfect day!




1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love reading about your great vacation! I can't wait to take Brayden on a Disney cruise! Thanks for sharing!