We did some last minute running around the ship...gift shop, picture ordering, packing up our stuff and playing. Then at 10:30 Tate and I went to get in line for the 11:30 Princess Gathering. We stood in line for one hour and 30 minutes to see the princesses. Tate did absolutely awesome!! He didn't cry or whine or fuss. I gave him his coloring book and crayons for a bit of the wait, otherwise we stood there together, no electronic, no trains, just the two of us and 50 of our other favorite cruise passengers :). We did have a quick potty break, and the mom behind us held our spots.
His face and pure excitement and joy were more than worth the wait. Each princess took time with him, to walk over to him arms outstretched, squat down with him, look him in the eye and talk to him. I was so very happy for him. It was absolutely magical.
Then he met Princess Tiana for the first time. He was agog :). He's most proud that he can spell her name!
![]() |
| I wanted to meet her too!!! |
And then the was Belle. Sweet sweet Belle. I think she knew how much he adored her. She talked and talked with him. I almost had tears in my eyes (ok so I did) he was so happy to spend some time with her. When she walked him back to me, she even told me "He's just the sweetest little boy." Melt my heart.
| Showing Belle his Mickey train shirt! |
Happily we wandered off in search of H and N for some lunch and pool time. We all got changed and headed up to Deck 9 for lunch and one long last hurrah at the Mickey Slide Pool! I had stopped by one of the restaurants to order Tate's lunch, so I was able to take it up to the deck with us. It had been suggested that I not get his food at one of the quick-service places on board as they couldn't be scrupulous about preventing cross-contamination like they could in the kitchen of the 3 main dining rooms, but this was an easy way to do it. We all sat down and at our lunch (well Tate picked at his). Then the kids played and played. N and I hung out, chatted, enjoyed a couple of adult beverages and relaxed in the fun that is Disney.| Playing in one of Mickey's ears! |
| Friends forever and always! :) |
| Up he goes for his last slide! |
| That tongue lolling about signifies a content and happy little boy! |
| Sweet hugs! |
A bit after 3, we decided to head back down to our staterooms...H had to prepare for her Princess Tea at 4, and I wanted Tate to take a nap so we could go to the Farewell Show after dinner. He was snoozing away by 3:45, and I got some well deserved downtime and a chance to do last minute packing. He was up a little over an hour later and I got him bathed and ready for his last dinner of the cruise. We were off to Animator's Palate.
We met H and N newly finished with their Princess Tea and had one last character meeting...
![]() |
| Isn't she so very sweet? |
![]() |
| High five from Pluto! |
Then it was dinner time!! Everyone was on time tonight! Yay! They had a fantastic bon voyage celebration which we just loved. So funny how you really get to connect with your servers etc. Ours were just great. I'm such a sentimental fluff with my heart on my sleeve that I still think about Duran and Jane, (Sam and Geffrey as well) wondering if their new guests are treating them with respect and kindness, wishing that I could know how the rest of their lives turn out. I learned that Geffrey (our head server) had 4 kids, ages 16 and under in the Philippines and his youngest has a peanut allergy. Sam has a family in the Philippines as well..a son and daughter. He had been so happy to spend 6 weeks with them and was now away from them for 5 months. Duran was from Jamaica and had been thrilled to get to visit with family and friends while we were docked there; he saw his dad, some friends and got to go to the barber :). Jane, though I didn't learn that much about her (language was a bit of a barrier) was so very sweet and kind that I wanted to protect and hug her all the time. Gosh I'm such a softie. In any event, the send off was fantastic and I passed out our additional gratuities at dinner (standard gratuities are included in your cruise cost) and had given Sam his before dinner. Their presentation was fabulous.
I had dropped off a personalized pillowcase at Guest Services for each of the characters to sign and it was waiting for us that evening.
We then headed down to the 'Remember The Magic' show.
It was magical. As Tate sat there on my lap I hugged on him feeling so blessed. And I loved when all of a sudden you'd 'hear' and 'see' Tinkerbell zip across the closed stage curtains. The oohs and aahs of the kids in the audience was so sweet. Tate would jump and point, so very excited.
We loved it. And I was so sad it was ending.
Back in our stateroom, he laid right down and was asleep within a couple of minutes, happy and full of joy and love. Just like his mama.



















2 comments:
What an amazing trip! Makes me so excited to take Elena to Magic Kingdom in 2014!
He's a lucky kid!
Post a Comment