Pretty obvious we were back in Galveston...yuck beach of the century.
We docked sometime between 6 and 7am.
Sometime, you say?
You don't know what time cause surely you were already awake when y'all docked.
Of course we weren't awake. Tate slept until 7:15am.
On the one day we truly needed to be up and at 'em early.
7:15.
He climbed into bed with me around 5:45 and went promptly back to sleep.
Until quarter after 7 on a Saturday morning.
B -- L -- I -- S -- S!!
We finally got up and did our last minute packing and check of the room and its contents. I ended up leaving one unopened bottle of wine, my small cooler and 4 waters. I told Sam I'd like him to keep them for himself, but he said he would have to tell his boss as he couldn't accept wine. I don't know about the water and cooler...I hope he at least kept the water. This man works hard. He was the person lugging ALL the luggage down the halls on Friday night that were left out in front of the staterooms. You had to leave your packed luggage in front of your room between 6:30-10:30pm to be taken to wherever it is they take your luggage. If you chose to keep your luggage you had to take it yourself in the morning. Friday night around 10:50pm I heard a commotion outside my door. Nosy that I am I peaked out and saw Sam struggling to push/pull my friends R and B's luggage down the hall while they were trying to frantically decide what they needed for the morning.
I was livid. This man was supposed to be done with that by 10:30. He was up working again at the crack of dawn turning the rooms over for the next passengers coming on Saturday afternoon. Now I know why our rooms weren't quite ready the previous Saturday at 1:30 as promised. I had Tate give him a bit more cash. It's all I could do to express my appreciation.
In any event, we got dressed and decided to go have breakfast before disembarking. It was pouring rain and I wasn't thrilled about possibly having to wait for my parents in the rain. H and N joined us for a last leisurely breakfast, complete with ALL our carry-on stuff. Only problem...no hot cocoa for Tate, but we made do.
Then it was time to leave. The rain had let up. My parents were in the vicinity as was H's husband. We made our way off the ship, gathered our luggage and went onto U.S. soil.
Many hugs and kisses good-bye and hello and we were on our way back to Houston.
An hour later we walked into our clean house and Vincent's meowing.
My parents were kind enough to stay with Tate while I quickly ran up to the grocery store to get some basics and then Tate and I spent the rest of the day, the weekend really enjoying being home.
For we (especially him) had missed being home a bit. In fact on Monday on the ship and Thursday when we were having some downtime in our room, Tate crawled into my lap sobbing "I miss my kitty cat." "I miss my trains." "I wanna go home."
Sweet boy.
Here he is. At one with his trains again.
Magical.

No comments:
Post a Comment