Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Fun - Weekend One!

For all my anguish and worry Tate and I have had a really nice weekend.  Since I have to work all summer long since it's our busiest time (though once Tate starts school this policy will have to be re-visited) I'm enrolling him in a few camps.  His daycare doesn't do field trips or anything outside of their normal 'school year' activities, so I want to give him a bit of a break from the monotony, hence the little camps.  And I've decided to do something 'fun' every weekend if possible.  Yesterday we headed down to the Kemah Boardwalk!

Tate was up at 5:17am much to my chagrin.  No amount of cajoling, arguing, hissing would convince him to go back to sleep, so I finally gave him my phone so he could watch his precious trains, and I snoozed until 6:45.  As he had not gone to sleep until about 8:15 the previous night I knew he would be exhausted after a morning in the Texas sun.

We loaded up and headed out a little after 9!  I told Tate he had to take a nap when I told him to close his eyes.  Much to my surprise and great joy he did as instructed.  I did tell him there was a train to ride where we were going and that if he didn't nap, he couldn't ride it :)
He looks so uncomfortable!

By 9:30 he was out.













Ahhhh...much better!
We arrived around 9:50, and I let him sleep until 10:15.  And then we were off on our adventure!  We got our tickets and made a beeline for...the.....

TRAIN!!!

Very serious about this train riding business.
And he rode another mode of transportation...




Then we ventured off to cool off and have some lunch at the over-priced Aquarium restaurant.  Though I must say they took excellent care of us when I notified them of Tate's food allergies;  I was very impressed and pleased with their attention to detail to make sure he was safe.

We then went downstairs to feed and touch the stingrays.  Tate usually enjoys that, but today he was more than happy to simply watch.

Next stop...another ride on the train!!!

After the train I convinced him to try to rest of the rides for his age group and he had a blast!




 He was a bit scared at first, well he got in happily enough, but when his little balloon moved from the boarding spot to next level and stopped to let the next person off/board the next person he got a bit teary  and I could tell he wanted off.  I reassured him from the ground that all would be fine, and it was.  During the first go round he yelled out "I love you Mommy!!"

Oh. My. Goodness.  My heart just melted.

Next up...this jungle bouncer...
Such a cool cat.

Wondering what could possibly be getting ready to happen!
This....
And this...
I couldn't believe how much he enjoyed himself!!

A quick stop for a carousel ride...

Our view from the carousel of the Gulf!

As always...he finds a train within a 1305930 mile radius!

On our way we stopped and got two Blue Raspberry icees and meandered back to our car!

We had so much fun together!  I had invited a couple of friends with kids to come with us, but noone was available.  And you know what I think I like it better, just the two of us.  Just me and my guy.  We have so much fun together, and like I've always known...the two of us together is enough!






3 comments:

Abby said...

that looks like so much fun!

i can't imagine the sweltering heat, though!

Tiara said...

Looks like a great day!! Glad you both enjoyed it!

Laraf123 said...

Those darn kids with teeth--they keep showing up twice a year, no matter what you do! LOL :)

Your weekend looks fun--I'm glad you went and enjoyed the park. Lots of times, friends will say to me, "I can't believe you go places all alone with your boys." Well first of all, since there's three of us, I'm not all alone. And second of all, why not? That's what families do--go places together. I love adult company but when it's not available I won't sit home when there's a big world of fun out there to enjoy with my children!

Keep up the fun summer stuff--can't wait to hear about Tate's adventures at camp!