So this Sunday as Reagan was reading the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke (the one most widely read/known) the children were invited to come up on the stage to represent the characters of the story. First called after the pre-chosen Mary and Joseph were the angels. Up hopped Tate who clamored up on the stage with about 10 other children to be the angels who went to the shepherds. And then shepherds were called and on down the list...sheep, cows, magi and stars. It was just so very cute.
On Christmas Eve there will be 2 Children's Services and all the kids of the congregation are invited to participate and the church provides costumes. After the service on Sunday parents were invited to go look through the costumes and choose one for their child(ren). Tate chose to be a star. So we picked up his costume with glee and I can't wait to see him next Monday as one of the bright, shining stars of Bethlehem.
13th Day of Advent...
December 17th...
And then there's tonight, the 18th day of Advent...one week until Christmas. He's in such a good mood lately. I wish I had been able to record him singing 'The Little Drummer Boy!' He does a great job...it's one of his favorite songs this Christmas as it was last year. It seems I sang that song to him well into March every night last year, and it's still a fave. Tonight was the first time I heard him singing it though. What I have heard him sing constantly for the past few days is 'Deck The Halls', though it's his rendition...I don't recognize hardly any of the words, but he's enjoying himself immensely when he belts it out!

2 comments:
your little cutie's face is changing... he's looking a lot more grown up! i can suddenly see more Christian in him.
your services sound so fun! it's cool to see you so excited for the (religious) holiday!
Yes, I agree with Abby--I was just going to comment on how handsome Tate is becoming. (We know that he's always been cute :)
Your church sounds wonderful--I love how they include and encourage the children's participation!
Post a Comment