Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Little Advent Catch-Up

A little Advent catch-up here....I think we still missed a day, but it's ok.  We are still awaiting the celebration of the birth of Christ with great anticipation.

And why are we behind you may ask?  Well we've had quite the busy past 3 days!  Thursday night I had my office Christmas party, so one of Tate's fabulous daycare teachers babysat for me.  I got him bathed, fed and ready for bed.  But before I left, I 'helped' Tate choose a book for the 6th night of Advent....

Sadly, my video cut off, but the book was 'THE POLAR EXPRESS!'  He was beside himself with happiness.  I was only able to read the first couple of pages before I had to leave, but Ms. I read him the entire book.

Friday we were off to ride THE POLAR EXPRESS in Palestine with Alonzo and his mommy, my dear college friend Palmi!  The boys had a fantastic time as did their mommys.  Many pictures, videos and stories to come.  So we missed Friday's Advent book.

Saturday we arrived back home and did a quick turn around as I had to take Tate down to my parents' house for the evening, so I could attend the tribal White Elephant Party!!  Before we left we opened the Advent book for the 7th night.  He was a bit tired after the long drive home, but he was happy to open another book.  (note his adorable train shirt!)

Tonight he opened two books for the 8th and 9th night.  One of the books is by the same author of the book 'If I Could Keep You Little'.  As I read that book I use his name;  each page starts with 'If I could keep you little...' thus I say "If I could keep you little Tate...".  He therefore seems to believe these are 'Tate' books.  Love it!

Actually I think we're all caught up!  He is really enjoying opening the books and I love watching him be so into it.  And I know part of it is his joy of getting a present, a huge part, but I know that he's taking it all in, watching me and listening to me.  He knows.  He knows.  It's almost birthday time!









1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Please tell me that you shop after Christmas clearance sales for all of Tate's pjs! What great pics and video!