Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's 10-11-12, It Must Be Time to see Your Friendly Pediatric Dentist, Tate!

Tate had his 6 month dental check up today.  He's been coming for check-ups and cleanings since he was 16 months old.  (His mama must be a pediatric dentist)  I actually checked his teeth when he was about 9 months old, but it was on a weekend and no cleaning, so that doesn't count ;)

So this was his 4th visit to Aunt Dr. Rita!  He has cried, fussed and screamed each of his previous 3 visits.  He even bit our hygienist on his second visit...I was absolutely mortified.  We've ended up in the kitty kat room (AKA the room for cryers and screamers, you know the ones who won't cooperate) for the first 3 visits.

But NOT TODAY!

Tate did awesome.  He's 3 years old and in command of all his faculties and put on his best dental behavior.  I was so proud.  I didn't even have to sit with him on the bench or anything.  When I wasn't taking pictures during his cleaning, I was sitting in the play area pretending not to watch.  And he then marched on over to the check-up area with his Aunt Dr. Rita and hopped up there like a big boy!  

Diagnosis....

NO CAVITIES!!  Woohoo!!!
Class 2 occlusion on the right :(
End on occlusion on the left :(  (this must be from Christian's gene pool!)
Crossbite seems to be self-correcting (Bad pacifier habit!  So glad that's gone!)
And again...NO CAVITIES!!

Here's the best little patient ever.  Oh, and he chose the cupcake toothpaste all by himself with his hygienist, Ms. C.


He chose cupcake toothpaste!  Blech!  I mean YUM-O!
Getting his plaque score!


A little tell-show-do

Brush-a Brush-a Brush-a!


Time to floss!!




Great check-up!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

I want to know how they make all those flavors of toothpaste and if they really taste authenticate. But I don't want to know enough to try them!

Good Job, Tate. This reminds me that I need to PM your mom on FB.