Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

My little Thomas the Tank Engine!
(at drop-off this morning)
So excited to show me his loot at pick-up!


A favorite - a lollipop!
Looking a little sheepish about showing
Mommy the dentist all his loot1

 

Ready to go on home!
He organized everything in his basket 'just so'
Ready to hit the street and our little party!

Aunt Lindsey always hangs with us on Halloween!!
Showing neighbor Aunt K his leaf ring from school! 
 

This lollipop is GOOD!!!
His first Kit Kat!










I couldn't believe he was 'finished' with 'getting candy'!
Oh how quickly we are swayed to the dark side!
This was the first Halloween where Tate seemed to understand trick or treating, though it wasn't until this evening after I picked him up from school that it was starting to make sense.  I don't make a big deal about Halloween;  I've never been a fan of dressing up and all that business.  But I know kids love it, and I want Tate to enjoy himself.  We don't live in a neighborhood with lots of kids, nor do we know many people with kids around here.  In the years since I've lived here, my neighbors and I have always sat outside and carved pumpkins, drank some beer, sometimes had food and handed out candy to the small smattering of kids who come by.  Lindsey usually comes and hangs with us as well (she did used to live with me!)  It's always a warm and mosquito ridden evening.  Tonight was no different.  I got some dinner into Tate and changed my clothes.  After dinner the 3 of us headed outside and got out chairs.  Earlier Tate had said he had enough candy, but I convinced him that if he would put his costume back on he could have more.  (They had gone trick or treating at school for what is called Wacky Day with a special lunch and cupcakes for snack time)  He ran over to his all time favorite Uncle R and quietly said 'Trick or Treat'.  Well the video says it all!  He was thrilled.  We then walked around the block one time and a few other houses had people out giving candy;  Tate became bolder and bolder, initially taking only one piece of candy to ending with a handful.

It was a fantastic night.  Tate was so happy.  This is what I always thought being a mom would entail...simply enjoying the joy of my child.  And of course me being me...I had him in the crib at 8:02! :)  I told him he could sleep with his basket as long as he didn't play with it or take anything out.  He was more than happy to oblige.  He was sound asleep by 8:15.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
The Halloween Pumpkin will be going upstairs
soon to remove all the candy he can't have.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

This is the picture of contentment. Love your sweet post!