Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Two Year Old Stats!

Tate Christopher had his 2 year old check-up with the pediatrician this afternoon.  After decimating the smallish room we were waiting in, dear Dr. R came in and moved us to the larger room, so he would ostensibly have more room to move around.  (ie he could run like a banshee and not destroy her office space) Not surprisingly, once we were in that room along with her, Tate became the model patient.  It is patently obvious that my child will be one of those kids who do better without his parent in the operatory.  Of course this only held true until she wanted to look in his mouth; then he reverted to form.  Squalling about, squiggling, kicking, crying...ugh.  Other than that though he was a perfect patient!  He's looking good according to her...tall and lean, but just great.


He does have a little blocked duct of some sort on the underside of his penis that she has tried to drain previously.  It has not decreased in size, nor does it cause him any discomfort.  However, she wants me to have it evaluated and removed (drained) by a pediatric surgeon, so I'll be making an appointment in the next few weeks.


Other than that he is soooo good!!


Weight:    27 pounds    (35th percentile)
Height:     35 3/4 inches (80th percentile)


He's skinny for his height according to Dr. R, but we're still making the move to 2% milk now.  Since he is not a fan of the leafy vegetables, or any veggies for that matter, he's going to start taking a multi-vitamin!


He's growing up.


Two years old.  I still remember our first visit to the pediatrician on Monday, July 27th to follow up on Tate's jaundice.  My mom, Christian and I brought him into the office together.  We were all exhausted, scared and in love with this precious boy.  Hovering does not even begin to describe Christian and me during Dr. R's exam of Tate.  (my mom opted to wait in the waiting room).  My sweet little boy.  As much as I'm loving this so very fun age right now I miss the newborn days.  Yes, I was absolutely exhausted, yes I wanted to move into a tunnel for 24 hours straight, yes I was in pain for over 8 weeks from the c-section, but I loved having Tate snuggle into me, I loved how he just seemed like he was simply part of me.  I still get that feeling all that time, but when he was that small he just tucked into my neck and all was right with the world.


He's growing up.  And he is really a very sweet little boy.  Dr. R asked if I could take him to the grocery store with no problems;  I said yes.  I told her he listens for the most part to what his teachers at daycare and swim lessons tell/ask him to do.  He holds my hand whenever I ask him to.  He sits in his stroller quite well and for extended periods of time.  She was pleased with his behavior.  Of course he acts up like all 2 year olds are want to do.  He gets in trouble ALL the time for kicking during diaper changes.  This past week, he has kicked his way to no stories during bedtime rocking 3 nights.  (with the exception of 'Good Night Moon'...we hear that every night).  He doesn't listen all the time when we're at home.  For example tonight he wouldn't bring me the books I asked him to bring me.  And he's a horrible eater for me and still refuses to try most any new foods.  


He's growing up.  The past 3 years have flown by.  I am blessed beyond measure.  So tonight as he sleeps I thank my wonderful Father for all the gifts He has given me.  A fabulous family.  An amazing donor.  And a funny, quirky, loving, sweet, hilarious, giving, sharing, beautiful baby boy.


And while I give thanks for all that I've been given, my heart is heavy for my friend, Shannon over at 'Chasing Rainbows.'  She received some difficult news today.  When you have a chance say a prayer of healing and courage for her and her sweet 3 month old little boy.  


About to go in for his appointment!

Reading in the waiting room!

No comments: