Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mommy and Me Day

I am still in my pajamas tonight at 7:17pm.  I just laid Tate down in his fresh pajamas for the night.  It has been a great day!!


Once we were up and out of our beds at 615am our pajama day began.  We did some laundry, did a bit of picking up in the room we share most nights, we read a few books upstairs, he watched his favorite Keith Urban video on my phone ('Put You in a Song').  Actually the first thing he asks me these days in the morning is 'guitar!!'  'Keith Ur-baaan!'  I let him watch a bit of his 'Baby Signing Time' DVD...the only television he ever watches and didn't start until 18 months old at most once a week.


We meandered downstairs for his breakfast of Cheerios, milk, banana and his fave, plain yogurt.  I opted for one of the nutritiously sound left-over birthday cupcakes my mommy made for me.   


Then we played on the floor, colored, played with his tent/tunnel, raced cars around.  I was his personal jungle gym for quite some time.  We harassed the cat, played dress-up and just plain old hung out together.  I did clean up and empty and reload the dishwasher while Tate amused himself reading books out loud to whoever would listen.  Lunchtime came and he enjoyed some rotisserie chicken, veggie stix and strawberries, while I munched on the lasagna my mom made for my birthday.  (Tate can't have any as the pasta she used has egg product in it).


And then bliss..we napped together for almost 2 hours.  I rock him a bit at naptime still, and we both fell asleep.  I woke with a tickle in my nose from his hair brushing against me about 45 minutes in.  I just snuggled in more and dozed back off.


The afternoon brought more laziness and fun.  We raced more cars.  We stacked our Fisher Price Peek-a-Blocks 17 blocks high...he was able to name each object and each letter save the J (confused as L) and the R (confused as A).  They came tumbling down with a thud and I had a 2y1m old in my lap burrowing his head into my neck.  


Dinner was festive and we skyped with Papa only as Grandmommy was at a baby shower.  We played a bit more after I put the dishes away then we headed upstairs to fold some laundry from the morning and put in another load.  After I changed my bedsheets, Tate was in the bathtub playing away.  We sudsed up, rinsed off and made a beeline for the bed to get into fresh jammies!!!  (this was a bit difficult with the new toddler behavior of squirming about and flailing about as well as our new event of trying to hit, kick and bit mommy for reasons unbeknownst to me).  Only one bedtime story was read due to his bad behavior, but he seemed to understand.


All in all it was just a marvelous day.  I'm sure there are many things I could have done and needed to do, but more than anything I needed a day to decompress.  Pre-baby I would have just watched movies, read books and slept.  I can't quite do that anymore, but I'm blessed with a child who is low-key most times and just wants to hang with his mommy.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  Sweet sweet Tate.


I need many more days like this with my precious boy.


And yes he put those swim diapers on all by himself!!  All 3 of them!
  He wouldn't let me take them off until he was ready!!  Sooooo cute!!



1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

This day sounds like heaven--pure bliss. My Saturday was NOTHING like that and I realize that with a change in priorities I could have created something better. Thank you for the inspiration.