My third Mother's Day has passed. And I most certainly considered myself as being a mother when I was pregnant that first Mother's Day. Honestly, that first one is the one that means the most to me. I was carrying in my precious boy close to my heart and soul and he was of my body. We have never been as close since. I will treasure those 9 months of us sharing my body, heart and life. How amazing is it to be a woman?
Tate Christopher is making strides in leaps and bounds these days. I am so very lucky to be his mommy and be witness to his life. His joy and exuberance are a sight to behold. Where I once was so worried he wasn't talking enough, I am now amazed that I can say a 'new' word to him and he will most often repeat it and look astonished that he was able to do it. It's like he's rolling the new words around in his cute little mouth as he articulates them.
So in the past 2 months what has he become able to say? In no particular order....
Tate! He loves loves loves to say his name and looks for every opportunity to find his picture and point and say 'Tate'. This is new in the past week.
fish
pig
horse
neigh
Kayla and Korey (his cousins we are going to see in 2 weeks in NYC)
apple
help (when he has his meltdowns because he can't do something I'm always telling him 'just say mom
help please' He finally figured this out!!!)
grndada (that's how it sounds!)
mommy for grandmommy
mama for me
Yin-sey for Aunt Lindsey
airplane
truck
bus
light
two
three (but no counting!)
mum mum
please (he's been doing the sign for months and always does it at the appropriate time)
Amen (this is the sweetest thing ever...last Friday as he ate his snack at home, he put his hands in prayer form while sitting in his highchair and said amen. He learned this at school. I'm beyond thrilled. As we say our prayers at night he puts his little hands in prayer and sits very still while I say his prayers for him. I am blessed)
bubbles
What happened? And he does his little hands in the oh my goodness what happened pose! So adorable!
clock
shoe
sock
banana
yeah ( it's the cutest thing to hear...'did you have a good day today Tate?' 'yeah! yeah!')
hot (everything is hot? hot?)
up
Vincent
trash
tree
off
seat
apple
giraffe
out
toy
toys (um yes that's 2 different words!!!) :)
milk
yogurt
cheerios
Oma
Opa
bike
thank you
no
hello
goat
coat
hat
spoon
teeth
bite
walk
cup
hippo
Corduroy (this stuns me...he's been saying it for about 2 months..won't sit still for more than 2 pages of the book, but loves to say Corduroy...has named his lovey bear this)
see (he'll show you something and say 'see?'
And best of all a Tate version of 'I love you'...I love.
I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to keep up with a list much longer. Each and everyday he says more words. Not only does he know the words, but he knows what they are in reference to. He comes downstairs to the second floor and runs into the living room saying 'toys!' He will also try to repeat any word I ask him to. If I am counting and say one, two he will follow with three. As much as I miss the baby stage, and I really do, this stage is awesome and I love it. I'm so much less stressed now by anything he does or doesn't do (usually) that I can just sit back and enjoy my amazing gift of being his mother. I spent the first year worrying incessantly about how much he wouldn't sleep which robbed me of enjoying his life. I finally let go of that control and wow is motherhood just grand now. (and that's definitely a topic for another post!)
Mother. Mommy. Mama. Mom. Mum. Moooooommmm.
I love my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment