We pray tonight for the men, women, children, and animals in Joplin, Missouri which was ravaged by a devastating tornado last night. The floods of Mississippi and Tennessee are still fresh on our minds. In the midst of that the tornado that ravaged Tuscaloosa earlier this month. I cannot imagine the desperation, feelings of hopelessness, fear and utter disbelief our fellow Americans are feeling. Actually, I can imagine, as I experienced Hurricane Ike in September 2008. I remember feeling like a refugee in my own country as we stood in line for the grocery store to get our ration of ice. That was a small moment in my history, and I'm so grateful my family and friends all survived though some suffered horrendous damage. So I pray for strength and courage in the weeks to come for our fellow Americans who are suffering so. And for those who met their untimely deaths I pray for their loved ones left behind and for the departed as they begin their new journey.
So, in a place of thankfulness, I'm so thankful to have Tate in my life. I'm thankful that he's healthy, happy and thriving. He continues to amaze me every single day. The amount of words he knows and can use in the proper context keep me on my toes. From 'a bird!' to 'oh shoot' (which I HAVE to figure out how to get him to stop saying!!!) he's a little dictionary. He's added chip, chocolate (his version of it), Roland, Ava, story, thank you, bird, delicious, tractor, chicken, goose, moose, bear, hare, (thanks Sandra Boynton books!) and more than I can keep track of now.
And most importantly, he can count to 10. With my prodding, but he can do it and very clearly!!!
We're signed up for swim classes that start on June 3rd. I'm not all that thrilled that I have to get in the pool with him...I have to wear a bathing suit...UGH! But oh well...doesn't the water make one feel lighter? Woohoo!!
So, tonight I will go upstairs, press a kiss on my sweet boy's head and remember all the gentle wonder of his world and say a short prayer of thanks and gratitude and one for God's grace for all of those suffering.
![]() |
| Eating some chocolate chips to celebrate 22 months!! |
| Dancing King!!! |
| My sweet sweet boy doing a happy dance!! |


2 comments:
Wow, to go from almost no words to counting to 10 - so cool!
Happy 22months birthday, Tate!
What a beautiful family Mama! Sending greeting from a fellow choice Mama (via donor and adoption) always thrilled to meet another Super Mama!
Post a Comment