Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter 2011

So, now that the drama of a 'sick' kiddo and kitty cat has dissipated, I can record my memories of Tate's second Easter for him!!


The Easter Bunny had left a little something for Tate Sunday morning, but Tate was not the least bit interested until he had finished his breakfast of champions...cheerios, banana and plain yogurt.  Then he was all over the Easter Basket offerings!!  Such absolute joy in his face, his voice and his actions!!  This is what having a child is all about...the pure and complete joy of life!!  Christian's family also sent along some wrapped gifts for Tate as well...they are so amazing!!
Happy Easter Tate!!
His presents from Christian's family!
Oh so very excited! 





Tate, Christian and I went to the kid-centerd Awesome Worship Service at our church, St. John the Divine.  It's a completely child centered service.  I have to admit, I do miss my traditional service, Rite II in the church.  I could put Tate in the church nursery, but we already spend so much time apart during the week that I have yet to do so.  He does fairly well in the service, but it always hankering for a snack or something to drink.  The sermon can be a little long for him as they are geared towards children probably over the age of 3, but we go every once and a while.  He'll get there. I so want him to have a solid Christian upbringing and to enjoy going as much as I did.


So the 3 of us went together.  I made an exception for Easter and allowed Tate to have his pacifier and both loveys during the entire service.  Sigh.  He did great alternating between Christian and I holding him.  After the service the church has an Easter Egg Hunt out on the lawn.  Again, Tate was unsure, but I think he had fun.  He actually was very into picking up the eggs and giving them other children.  He didn't collect very many for himself.  I suppose I should be proud of his generous heart.
The eggs await!! 
Not quite understanding why we had to wait to go after the eggs!!
Helping this little girl gather her eggs!
We ventured back home for naptime for both boys again after a small lunch :).  My parents and youngest sister came over for a family Easter lunch.  Yum!!  My oldest sister and her family arrived later on, and we just hung out and let the kids play.  That evening, Christian did Tate's entire bedtime routine from bath to bed one time, just the 2 of them.  I know they both enjoyed that time together both nights, and I know it was a difficult time for Christian as he kissed Tate good-night one last time for what will be quite some time.  It breaks my heart sometimes to witness Christian as he goes through this whenever he comes to visit.   This gift he has given me is just one I cannot begin to describe. 
Hanging with Aunt Lindsey and Christian!
If only Tate had cooperated...we tried 4-5 times to take this picture!  He just wanted to get down and play!

Christian and I spent Easter evening together after Tate was asleep.  We're a work in progress as we come to terms to this amazing life we have with us in Tate.  This journey is one that we didn't expect to feel as it does, be as it is, but it's a blessing.  I don't know what the future holds for any of us, but if it's anything like the past 21 months it will be absolutely amazing.

No comments: