So, Tate surprised me tonight in the bathtub! We have a little squirty rubber duck, that I fill up with water and squirt him with while saying over and over again the duck says quack. Last week when we started this he immediately said his version of quack, but would never say duck and certainly didn't seem to put together the duck says quack. Well, tonight he's in the tub, he grabs the orange duck and says 'quack' then gives it to me and makes the sign for more...my signal to play our little game with the duck and squirt him!! I asked him what the duck says and he said 'quack'!! I'm so excited. I know, it's not a big deal to many people, but to me and my babe it's HUGE!!!
Driving to meet my mom shopping yesterday, I turned on some Alicia Keys and then some Sugarland and Tate just sat in the back seat just dancing and singing....I love this boy! And when he plays with his fire truck I love hearing him make the wooo-ooo sound with those perfect little lips!!
This weekend, we changed up our sleeping situation! I transitioned him to one nap here at home yesterday. He's been taking one nap at daycare since August 23rd...quite successfully apparently. He sleeps at least 2 hours there and usually 2 1/2 or a little more. Yesterday he made it to 2 hours here with me laying down with him for the last 45 minutes. Today he slept 1 hour 45 minutes all on his own...I couldn't get a nap extension out of him, so I went with it after 10 minutes of trying. If you know Tate and his nap/sleep issues you know this is huge for my little guy!!
Friday night, he put himself to sleep (took about 20 minutes) and this time I didn't go to him when he fussed around 10p, nor did I go sleep in the room in my bed. I slept on the 2nd floor on the couch...yes I have a room on the 1st floor with 2 perfectly good beds, but I can't bring myself to be that far away from him!! In any event, he fussed at 10 put himself back to sleep, fussed again around130 then again around 315 then one last time around 525 with about 5-7 minutes of crying off/on then out until 645!! Woohoo!! Last night wasn't as great...down at 650, fussing around 9, 11, 1 something then at 414 he was furious. I felt like he was really worried about me not being in there, so after 15 minutes of him fussing, then crying a bit I went up and put him in bed with me. And yet he still wasn't pleasant!! :) Into the crib went his little butt, and I sacked out on the bed and didn't hear him again until 6. Now I just heard him fuss in the crib (956pm), but he went right back to sleep. So, we're getting there!
| Riding the carousel!!! |
Ham - check
Zucchini - check
Raspberries - check...hates
Sausage - check...unsure
Grilled cheese - check...hates
Houston Zoo - check
Saying duck and quack - check...YAY!
Signing more and milk beautifully - check...he's really perfected them
First blood draw - check...Friday the 24th with minimal tears
Mommy put up some cabinet locks - check...hates
Giving Mommy kisses without being asked to - check...Mommy loves this
Lots of hugs for Mommy this week - check
Turned 14 months old!!! - check
Loving our lives together - check check check!
| 14 Month Celebration with Mommy and Aunt Lindsey! |

No comments:
Post a Comment